Homemade Gear

Jbaby1969

Registered
Have any of you made your own riding gear? Obviously I don’t mean track day gear....I mean taken a pair of your favorite jeans and added knee and hip armor to them? I’m looking for jeans that add protection but from the reviews I’ve read they all pretty much suck! Either the armor is in the wrong place or they just don’t fit.

Many years ago a girlfriend I had (seamstress for the band) sewed leather patches to a pair of Levis I had and I wore them as 'leather pants' on my bike for years . . . now I can afford Alpine Stars and haven't looked back lol.

Reactions: c10
Yeah I like the pair in that video. I don’t see any that actually look like that on their website. I’ll email them and see.

I may be incorrect here , but regular blue jeans are just cotton . While Dragon , and other XYZ brands are blends of cotton , and durable synthetics to improve abrasion resistance . You can add armor to anything , but if the stitching is not strong enough to hold then its not much good.
A better option would just wear pull on under armor from many companies out there or skate board pads on the knees / elbows . When my kids were very young , and rode there was not real youth gear . I had to come up with my own .

I may be incorrect here , but regular blue jeans are just cotton . While Dragon , and other XYZ brands are blends of cotton , and durable synthetics to improve abrasion resistance . You can add armor to anything , but if the stitching is not strong enough to hold then its not much good.
A better option would just wear pull on under armor from many companies out there or skate board pads on the knees / elbows . When my kids were very young , and rode there was not real youth gear . I had to come up with my own .
My jacket's have Kevlar linings. They also have amour pockets. I had one for 15 years and still use it. Have nice inside pockets too.

Apparently Draggin has more than one website. The first one I checked only had a few offerings. The second had a lot more that were more like regular jeans in appearance, including the ones in the video above. I would like to have a pair to throw on if I’m riding to the store or just cruising around the house.

Reactions: c10
Back