Home made stew

TruWrecks

Banned
Tonight I got another bug to cook a new original. I went out and picked up a Crock-Pot with a built in timer that will stop cooking after 4, 6, 8 or 10 hours then keep it warm. Target had it for $30. I then went to the store for some new supplies. Tonight I made a stew containing the following:

1 tbsp fresh diced green bell pepper
3 chopped small red potatoes
1/2 cup fresh cut green beans
1 cup fresh baby carrots
14 oz beef brougth (the only thing that is not powdered that wasn't fresh)
1/2 tsp diced Rosemary
6 cups of water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tbsp garlic
1 1/2 lb of lean diced steak - browned the outside

It is currently in the fridge to marinate. I will be taking it out to cook for 6 hours tomorrow late morning. I will let everyone know how it turned out after I enjoy it for dinner.

:beerchug:

HEY, I haven't forgotten and I'm still hunting for a solid on 5.56. Did your new Fun toy show up?

HEY, I haven't forgotten and I'm still hunting for a solid on 5.56. Did your new Fun toy show up?

Yes. I did show up. It's sporting a EOTech 512 military sight. I got some Wolf steel case 5.56 for $7.80 a box. That's not very good ammo, but it will do for break-in.

Now back to the stew. :laugh:

mmmmmmmm....stew:thumbsup: walmarts fresh french bread is great to sop up the broth. dangit! now I'm hungry for stew and I still got another 12 hours of work and no ingredients at the house...thanx alot- you succeeded in making a long day longer, any ways, I hope you enjoy:beerchug:

Onions, Carrots, Potatoes, and BIG HUGE hunkin chunks of BEEF....thats it, nuff said:laugh:

I could eat stew every day. love it. :thumbsup:

This morning I cut up an onion to add to the stew Then I started cooking it. It's smelling really good even though it's just warming up right now.

Currently the recipe looks like this:

1 tbsp fresh diced green bell pepper
3 chopped small red potatoes
1/2 cup fresh cut green beans
1 cup fresh baby carrots
14 oz beef brougth (the only thing that is not powdered that wasn't fresh)
1/2 tsp diced Rosemary
6 cups of water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tbsp garlic
1 1/2 lb of lean diced tender loin steak - browned the outside
2 tbsp finely diced onion

Dinner's going to by good tonight!

Can't beat crock-pot cooking. When I was single that was the way I cooked every day.
Get a big hunk of meat some veggies, trun it on, go to work, come home and it done waiting for you.......... :thumbsup:

What cut of meat?

cheers
ken

Tender loin. I trimmed as much of of the fat off as I could do by hand.
wouldnt the fat be a good thing (Tenderloin seems awful expensive for stew).. I strip the silver and chain meat off my tenderloin but then I treat it like gold :) (save a few bucks buying full tenderloins)

Ken, how about a Filet recipe? Steak Diane? maybe something with a killer port sauce? :thumbsup:

wouldnt the fat be a good thing (Tenderloin seems awful expensive for stew).. I strip the silver and chain meat off my tenderloin but then I treat it like gold :) (save a few bucks buying full tenderloins):

I didn't buy my Busa because it had two wheels. I bought it because I really like it. Similar thoughts for the tenderloin.

Back