Home made stem mounts?

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone made a home made stem mount???

I want to to put my BB an I pod on a mount. If I can come up with something be nice if i can't probably going with the techmount.

Already got the plug set up not exactly an A1 job but not ugly enough to make me puke important thing is to be able to charge my BB.

extra plug.jpgextra plug 3.jpg

I was actually able to run a couple of zip ties in between the triple trees to secure it the thing had some nice tabs to hold it secure.

extra plug 2.jpg

And on a side note my triple tree is getting pretty ugly... change that it's horrible the chrome is falling off. Is powder coating cheaper than re chroming???

extra plug.jpg

extra plug 2.jpg

extra plug 3.jpg

get an I phone,kill to birds with one phone:rofl::poke:

Been thinking about making something to hold my I phone

Last edited:
get an I phone,kill to birds with one phone:rofl::poke:

Been thinking about making something to hold my I phone

Had an I phone never again....:laugh: an the only reason I use my I pod is to not kill my Black berry if I could charge it I may be inclined to leave it at home :whistle:

I phone or BB either way using the music player the GPS at the same time will drain it on a long day of riding.

Have you searched the subject yet? Somebody made one a while back to mount a GPS I think it was, on.
I'm needing to make something to put my GPS on too. Hmm.

Have you searched the subject yet? Somebody made one a while back to mount a GPS I think it was, on.
I'm needing to make something to put my GPS on too. Hmm.

run a search came up empty but you know it's all on what words you pick I keep looking I thought I had seen a how too.. Thanks for confirming I keep searching for it:thumbsup:

Dr E what are you mounting on that thing a Quad 50 or Hellfire missile system..:poke::poke:..geesh that's big...:rofl:

I use something very simple , velcro.
One on the triplre tree , one on the back of my Iphone.
I don't keep anything connected as I prefer not to be bothered while riding.
On the new Iphone 3Gs the google maps with guidance works perfect for me and I can see it in bright Fl. sunshine which not many phones can do.
It has been speed tested.
My only complaint is that Iphone does not readily read a gloved finger and sometimes you have to push on it a little rather than just touch it.

Velcro Iphone 002.jpg

Velcro Iphone.jpg

no name pub my group did a ride down there this weekend that just passed :laugh:

Velcro sounds good :thumbsup: guess the downside to stem mount is some low life could just walk by an snake it :down:

One of my favorite places is No Name pub. It's a great ride for me and they have really good pizza ! Then you have to get an order of fries to go and go feed the key deer. I like the Velcro cuz I can just take the phone off and pocket it.

Cycle Gadgets sells a mount for less than 20 bucks that fits through just like the one shown above.

I use a "Ram Mount" They have mounts for everything iIphone, BB, any gps. I chose the stem mount so when I'm not using the gps there is only a small ball sticking out of the stem.

Back