Holy crap this bike is fast....!

Hey is it a whining noise? Just make sure it dosen't have a manual cam chain tensioner that somebody got a little carried away over tightening.

this winter send it to Frank he will set it up , and then you know what you have . Yes there is a change , and whistle goes away

this winter send it to Frank he will set it up , and then you know what you have . Yes there is a change , and whistle goes away
I may...if the whistle doesn't hurt it, I may just leave it. Other than that noise, it starts and runs perfectly and pulls like a freight train (an angry freight train).

The secondaries seem a more likely cause. The main plates would be open and the secondaries might only be a little open--The engine is trying to suck a lot of air through a small crack.

People tune the flies so they open faster. That's the plate change c10 is speaking of. It's a tune change not an actual plate change.

When I said change it was meant in there is a difference in performance , and feeling . Sound also . Not a actual parts swap .

The secondaries seem a more likely cause. The main plates would be open and the secondaries might only be a little open--The engine is trying to suck a lot of air through a small crack.

People tune the flies so they open faster. That's the plate change c10 is speaking of. It's a tune change not an actual plate change.
I will check this out for sure...is this something that happens as a result of a partial ECU flash?

I don't have a flash and I'm not that knowledgeable about what all gets changed from stock settings in the ECU but secondary flies rate is an important one that most tuners would do. Google Schnitz Racing and check what they do with their flash. It's probably all the basic stuff including flies but no fueling adjustment. Schnitz has a low price flash but I only hear good things about it.

I don't have a flash and I'm not that knowledgeable about what all gets changed from stock settings in the ECU but secondary flies rate is an important one that most tuners would do. Google Schnitz Racing and check what they do with their flash. It's probably all the basic stuff including flies but no fueling adjustment. Schnitz has a low price flash but I only hear good things about it.

I went to their website and this is what I found:
I have a speed shifter so I know at least one of the boxes was checked, and I didn't see an 02 sensor so the Pair must be disabled.
  • Raised Rev Limiter to 11,300 (+500 RPM)
  • Top Speed Restriction Removed
  • TRE Timing Adjustments
  • Secondary Throttle Blades Open More Aggresively
  • Radiator Fan Set to come on at 90*C (194*F)
  • Stock Oxygen Sensor Disabled
  • Optional: Disable Pair Valve (For those removing all emmisions components)
  • Optional: Set injector balance table to 50/50 (Allows more total fuel flow for turbo or nitrous applications. Does not add Power)
  • Optional: Enable ECU engine kill for quick shifter or air shifter *Requires RSR Harness for Airshifter or Quickshifter.
  • Optional: Disable Tip Over Sensor
  • Optional: Adjust the Fuel Tables in the ECU to match your Exhaust System (Additional $125)

Just my opinion but that race filter is probably not filtering anywhere near the amount of debri that the stock filter does. Not that much flying debri on a race track compared to highways where trucks and cars and trucks and cars...get my meaning?
I’m with this guy. Members here seem to like that filter, but my oil samples kept coming back with higher than normal silicone content after the K&N install, so I went back to factory and expect to see numbers back down on my next oil sample. Maybe I’m an idiot and didn’t oil it right or something, who knows.

I’m with this guy. Members here seem to like that filter, but my oil samples kept coming back with higher than normal silicone content after the K&N install, so I went back to factory and expect to see numbers back down on my next oil sample. Maybe I’m an idiot and didn’t oil it right or something, who knows.
+1 Brock is pushing a new fangled air filter. The dyno numbers actually make it worth trying but I just can't bring myself to use an air filter you can see through. Not for everyday riding anyway.

Reactions: c10
I went to their website and this is what I found:
I have a speed shifter so I know at least one of the boxes was checked, and I didn't see an 02 sensor so the Pair must be disabled.
  • Raised Rev Limiter to 11,300 (+500 RPM)
  • Top Speed Restriction Removed
  • TRE Timing Adjustments
  • Secondary Throttle Blades Open More Aggresively
  • Radiator Fan Set to come on at 90*C (194*F)
  • Stock Oxygen Sensor Disabled
  • Optional: Disable Pair Valve (For those removing all emmisions components)
  • Optional: Set injector balance table to 50/50 (Allows more total fuel flow for turbo or nitrous applications. Does not add Power)
  • Optional: Enable ECU engine kill for quick shifter or air shifter *Requires RSR Harness for Airshifter or Quickshifter.
  • Optional: Disable Tip Over Sensor
  • Optional: Adjust the Fuel Tables in the ECU to match your Exhaust System (Additional $125)
I don't see "Intake Howl" on that list.:laugh:

Personally, I think the howl is extremely cool.

I remember with stock exhaust, I noticed my busa made a low howl under load. Just for a couple seconds until the engine wound up. It was more of a groan. Not an unhealthy groan. It was low pitched. To me "howl" denotes higher pitched like a trumpet or something. Your howl might be the normal sound of putting a sudden load on the motor. It's cool. I like it. It's not so noticeable with my loud exhaust so that might be a cure for yours if you don't want to hear it anymore.

What am I missing? Suzukis are famous for intake howl (almost all Gixxers). When the Busa hits it's stride it sounds like a wolf is chasing you. Are you guys saying that's not normal? When I got my Busa dynoed at a Ducati dealer you could hear the bike running then it rolled up into the power and everyone's eyes went wide as baseballs and they said what the F' is that? I smiled and said "That Sir is a wolf howling in the land of bikes that clatter". Lol, I still like that one!

Holy crap, this bike is slow...!

Said no one
I'll bet someone somewhere has said that....however, as a new Hayabusa owner and operator, I sure won't...the previous owner of mine bought a S1000RR so maybe he said that before he traded it....?

Last edited:
I don't see "Intake Howl" on that list.:laugh:

Personally, I think the howl is extremely cool.

I remember with stock exhaust, I noticed my busa made a low howl under load. Just for a couple seconds until the engine wound up. It was more of a groan. Not an unhealthy groan. It was low pitched. To me "howl" denotes higher pitched like a trumpet or something. Your howl might be the normal sound of putting a sudden load on the motor. It's cool. I like it. It's not so noticeable with my loud exhaust so that might be a cure for yours if you don't want to hear it anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I like the sound however, I am just making sure it is normal/healthy.. I guess it was more a growl than a howl...

Back