Holy Crap! Petraeus resigns as CIA Chairman over Extramarital Affair!

should have used the Palm Pilot instead...never leave home without it :)

.....Somebody had to bite the bullet for Benghazi..... :whistle:

I've always liked General Petraeus :down:

Petraeus has always been apolitical. Did not get involved in politics while in command, and kept a low, quite profile as CIA Chairman. To let a piece of azz get the best of you...

I want to see a pic of the woman because she must be H-O-T.....

oh god I hope it's a woman.....

Personally I don't care if the man hammered every horny female at every port.

I would. High 5 to the man.

There are more important issues at hand. Such as treason. By the CIC. Pick a side man.

I think it was his biographer. She is hot based on the pictures of her I saw. Real shame, General P. was the real thing. Sort of wish Obama had refused his resignation and just said "you get a mulligan".

I think it was his biographer. She is hot based on the pictures of her I saw. Real shame, General P. was the real thing. Sort of wish Obama had refused his resignation and just said "you get a mulligan".

I believe you are correct. I saw a story on national news tonight about her and she is an attractive woman. However, Charlie Sheen probably has a good perspective on "dating", procure a professional "date"......it's strictly a business deal. I feel sorry for his wife and family though.

No, it don't work that way. He's Director of CIA. He, nor any General Officer and many grades below that, can remain. There are no "mulligan's" at that level. Bill Clinton should not be getting a pass either.

I know that. That's why I said I wish. Apparently his emails were compromised. Supposed that had happened when they were planning to go after Bin Laden? That's a tough league to play in and you don't get any mistakes.

paula_broadwell.jpg

The timing is just too suspect.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but this just stinks of something and it isn't an affair.

Personally I don't care if the man hammered every horny female at every port.

I would. High 5 to the man.

There are more important issues at hand. Such as treason. By the CIC. Pick a side man.

"Pick a side man".....what an effen stupid, basal, insulting, uninformed and hateful statement. No matter where we go as a Country, there'll always be people like you to keep us separated.

If we fire or every one quits because of an affair who would be left standing in the White House, Senate,The House of Representatives??? Judges gone:poke: :laugh: Come to think of it maybe we should polygraph them all kick them to the curb and take their pensions.

Petraeus has always been apolitical. Did not get involved in politics while in command, and kept a low, quite profile as CIA Chairman. To let a piece of azz get the best of you...

I want to see a pic of the woman because she must be H-O-T.....

oh god I hope it's a woman.....

This is the first sentence in the article. It also refers to her a few times in article.
Why are you hoping its a woman? Did you not read the link you posted? :poke:

Petraeus submitted his resignation due to an extramarital affair with his biographer Paula Broadwell, according to several U.S. officials with knowledge of the situation.

As a married man myself who works with several other women considerably more pretty than my wife I can't accept condone or feel sorry for him. He let his pecker do the thinking and obviously doesn't consider wedding vows and his promise to God to honor his wife as important. As far as I'm concerned you can take his whole career and flush it because he's now just another moraless pos to me. If he cheated with her he cheated with others and just didn't get caught. I guess they didn't teach him the defintion of respect in army training because he had none for his loyal wife.

If you're not happy and gonna do that get a divorce walk away and then go ho it up if you want.
Just don't cheat.

Yeah BB. As far as timing, he is a general and probably didn't resign earlier because he would have been accused of undermining the election. Now, however, he is free and clear of any political loyalties, perceived or real, and will be able to speak as free as he can (without revealing anything still classified) in front of the congressional panel investigating Benghazi. Man our press is the1980's Pravda and our government is seeming more and more insular, similar to the Chicom and Soviet politicians, scary,,,,, very scary. Holding stories and shifting the news cycle to support a president in an election (not pointing fingers at Obama but his fellow travelers, Obama is not competent enough to orchestrate a conspiracy), what else is happening we don't know about?

Yeah BB. As far as timing, he is a general and probably didn't resign earlier because he would have been accused of undermining the election. Now, however, he is free and clear of any political loyalties, perceived or real, and will be able to speak as free as he can (without revealing anything still classified) in front of the congressional panel investigating Benghazi. Man our press is the1980's Pravda and our government is seeming more and more insular, similar to the Chicom and Soviet politicians, scary,,,,, very scary. Holding stories and shifting the news cycle to support a president in an election (not pointing fingers at Obama but his fellow travelers, Obama is not competent enough to orchestrate a conspiracy), what else is happening we don't know about?

So you've done an IQ test to ascertain the President's competency? You've sat in on presidential briefings and watched him doze off? Strange, but my studies of this presidency have revealed far deeper and more complex capabilities manifested by President Obama. BTW, if I were the General, I too, would have waited until after the election for my revelation. To do it prior to Nov 6th would have been very hamfisted for any cabinet level personel, right or left. But gee, what another great opportunity for conspiracy theorists, especially the ones that are sure that the President is either incompetent or subversive.

This made laugh. I never get tired of laughing. Got any more theory's

Blanca, I appreciate your take on this event, it is limited rightly, because it is early and we only know about 10% of the story. You focused on the man and the morality issue, not some impending global catastrophe that's surly connected. (sarcasm) As I look back on my life, I remember many friends that thought with their plumbing, not their brain, having earned 4 stars then a cabinet post doesn't seem to exempt a man from making choices based on biology over values. Doyle

Back