Holy Crap! Petraeus resigns as CIA Chairman over Extramarital Affair!

Tin Foil protection.....

moty_tinfoil.gif

This whole thing really stinks of cover up and protect Obama.
Petraeus - resigns
Hilary - is stepping down
I truly believe we WILL NEVER FIND OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT BENGAHZI
Nixon was impeached for less than this
Oh wait Clinton was impeached also for lie'n to America
Obama gets a free pass while 4 Americans were murdered by terrorist

This whole thing really stinks of cover up and protect Obama.
Petraeus - resigns
Hilary - is stepping down
I truly believe we WILL NEVER FIND OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT BENGAHZI
Nixon was impeached for less than this
Oh wait Clinton was impeached also for lie'n to America
Obama gets a free pass while 4 Americans were murdered by terrorist

Give it time. The truth will come out.

Rumor is the FBI knew about it for awhile and is incensced because the White House held it until after the election. That could make things pretty interesting, but it's still not an impeachable offense and the White House knows it.

More about Mrs. Broadwell has started coming out. She was also a graduate of the Long Grey Line, and still a Reserve Officer to boot. She's a fitness nut like Petraeus (He's a big runner, and a lot of leaders who are runners will use that on their peers/subordinates). If she could keep up with him, that gets her into his 'club' and after that it's a slippery slope. She also has a husband and 2 kids. Tragic all the way around. After all this guy has done for his country, he will be taken down by an urge he did not effectively control. Ironic.

There are a few questions regarding Gen Petraeus stepping down that concern me.
1. Did he provide false testimony during confirmation? If so, he could face sentencing.
2. When did the W.H. find out? Him stepping down may not be connected to anything outside of his own conscience, but the timing?
3. Word is, that the FBI had the General under surveillance; who would/could authorize the FBI to conduct surveillance on the head of the CIA? I would've thought that we would be very careful about things like that since J. Edgar.
4. Does his resignation really prevent testimony if called?

It is interesting to me that the Secretaries of State and Defense are stepping down, along with the CIA Director. It is also interesting to me that an Admiral at sea was relieved as well as an Army General on the ground following Benghazi.

I will say that I am not sure that any administration would be handling this differently; most people's contention is that other Presidents would not have allowed us to get to
this point to begin with. I think the lack of action in Benghazi on the part of our government under President Obama's leadership was deplorable. if i had supported President Obama's re-election, I think this issue would have been enough alone to change my mind; but that is just me. Every administration has missteps and public outcries, as well as scapegoats; in my mind are the Iran/contra arms issue and members of Osama Bin Laden's family being flown out of Washington during the grounding of aircraft immediately following Sept 11th, 2001.
As far as timing, I do know that Lockheed Martin was prevented legally from giving 35,000 employees a layoff notice due to sequestration on November 1st. They are just one Defense contractor.

Lastly, one thing that the CIA Director's story and the details are certainly pulling attention away from the significance of the Benghazi hearings, if nothing else.

Says nothing (except for people who want to invent a non-event).

I'm not gonna get into what the message means but the commander in chief did not cover his heart during what appears to be either the pledge or national anthem. If he was in fact CIC when that pic was taken or not, everything you do as you approach or sit in that chair matters. It's something that I'm sure does not get lost in a lot of people's eyes when an image like this circulates. It's just one more thing for folks to take notice of and perhaps place personal meaning against. It's certainly not the most important thing to come out of the last few months nor the thing to focus on moving forward. Just my 2c on the image.

Do some research on the photo please. Research is key to being correct. I know I know a funny concept.

The photo was taken at the Iowa steak fry. Not a patriotic event just a fair. The pic was taken during the national anthem. Which has several different traditions. All of them on sage though would be doing it "wrong" they are not facing the flag. But standard are facing flag and hand over heart or at attention for "patriotic observance events". My family has never held hand over heart during the anthem they look at the flag with hands clasped in observance and I know several others who do the same or some variation.

But he should have had his hand on the heart and been facing the flag so as not to give pundits and email propagandist ammo. For that he is a dumbass.

Back