Holy Crap! Another earthquake!

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Just rattled the house pretty good, lasted about 20 seconds! I left California for a reason!

James my house had it for about 45 second and it was a big one.. CREEPY... I will take tornadoes all day over that

I will tell you something... Kanji has been walking around all day with his head down, not an hour ago we were talking about how weird he was acting... Like he was spooked... He just wanted to sit with me all day long... Now he is asleep, like he has been waiting for it to come...

I will tell you something... Kanji has been walking around all day with his head down, not an hour ago we were talking about how weird he was acting... Like he was spooked... He just wanted to sit with me all day long... Now he is asleep, like he has been waiting for it to come...

Dang cats, they didnt do anything for me today. Epicenter was Sparks Oklahoma, just south of Chandler.

Yeah Tim we may be blowing it out of proportion a little but it was freaky none the less...

Looks like that last big one you guys had was a 5.6 magnitude @ 23:53 EDT. It was just east of Sparks, OK.

Here's a little more info...

Magnitude 5.6 - OKLAHOMA
2011 November 06 03:53:10 UTC
Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 5.6
Date-Time

Sunday, November 06, 2011 at 03:53:10 UTC
Saturday, November 05, 2011 at 10:53:10 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 35.599°N, 96.752°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles)
Region OKLAHOMA
Distances 34 km (21 miles) NNE of Shawnee, Oklahoma
63 km (39 miles) SSE of Stillwater, Oklahoma
68 km (42 miles) ESE of Guthrie, Oklahoma
71 km (44 miles) ENE of OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 13.9 km (8.6 miles); depth +/- 3 km (1.9 miles)
Parameters NST=298, Nph=298, Dmin=208.2 km, Rmss=1.54 sec, Gp= 22°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=9
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usb0006klz

Just got a text from my mom, she lives in OKC, Mom said a good one shook the house about 10 minutes ago.

These things happen folks. Just ride the wave and put the Furniture back where it was before and close the cabinet doors again..................No Big Deal !!! :laugh:

Dec 20th 2012 ..... and nobody believes .... we all gonna die...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

lasted a lot longer then the last one. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. Gives you an appreciation for the big ones and how horrible it must be for the people caught in them. No where to hide is a bad feeling. At least with weather related disasters there is some warning.

Back