holy Batmobile

The last 2 bidders, flipped a coin for it.
The guy that won had to bower a coin so he could flip for it.

I saw the Lady Penelope Car outside a post office in Leyton London once, don't know what it was doing there.

Spectacular but disgusting at the same time. Why would anyone pay that quantity of money for a comic inspired automobile no matter who designed it. Money to burn...

It's honestly a great sign that something like that went for so much, the last few years, the BJ hasn't had many really big ticket cars. Hopefully this means the economy is coming back, or those are just the only people with money :laugh:

no one is gonna drive it. its a museum piece that will go in someones car collection. people spend a hell of a lot more money putting stupid paintings on their wall then owning an iconic car like that so two each his own if ur filthy rich.

Pretty cool. But just reminds me of how poor I really am :unhappy:
Yea me to. I just done see how anyone car afford to buy things like this. I like the BJ auctions but they have really drove the price of car up so much anymore the average person cant afford to buy one:banghead::banghead:. Wonder what would happen to the price of the busa if they started to auction them off?

Yeah its not like he bought it and planned on driving it to work.......... you spend that much money on a vehicle its gonna be in some showroom where you and your rich yuppie friends can admire it over tea and crumpets all while wearing matching ascots :laugh:

C'mon ya bunch of haters! We sit around and show off pics of new wheels and guns.
People collect cars as I would if I were filthy flipping rich. There were several other multi million dollar cars last night. There was a Talbot, an Allard race car and some others that went for 2-3 mil. Folks collect cars and then yes they do park them on the grass at the Breakers Hotel and chat about them. I don't hate them.
Old money or earned money good for them. And I try not to envy them but it is difficult living where I do and see how some spend money like it grows on trees. That's the only thing that amazes me is how non chalant the bidders are when they are throwing up six and seven figure bids.

So would you be surprised to know Rick Hendrick bought it :whistle: Guy has an insane amount of cash. I'm sure it will move between his dealerships, the NASCAR events and his private collection/museum. I'm almost equally sure he has some fancy way of offsetting the tax hit by doing something. Perhaps he's just getting some "donations" out of the way early in 2013 :laugh:

oh yeah, dont forget that "hammer price" is nothing. You have to add around 30% for fees on top of it :banghead:

So would you be surprised to know Rick Hendrick bought it :whistle: Guy has an insane amount of cash. I'm sure it will move between his dealerships, the NASCAR events and his private collection/museum. I'm almost equally sure he has some fancy way of offsetting the tax hit by doing
something. Perhaps he's just getting some "donations" out of the way early in 2013 :laugh:

Not Rick Hendrick.

LA Times

I was watching it. Speed came up and said what made you buy it?
He looked at the blonde next to him and said 'um her?' :laugh:

Also said he'd wanted it for over 20 years.

Back