Holy Attack the Hayabusa week batman!

Goatkart

Registered
I swear, god must have it out for Hayabusa's this week...

We've had countless members telling stories this week of close calls...

my bike was knocked over earlier this week..

now tonight, i almost get run down.... TWICE..... BY THE SAME CAR....

GET THIS...

I'm cruising down the road heading home after a short night ride.... going the speed limit on the left of the lane....

HID's on, set to BRIGHTS...

I round the final corner which is a long perfectly straight road to my complex... As i roll up the road, i spot a black grand am on the corner waiting for a gap to pull out.... So of course, MSF training kicks in, i watch the wheels.. easiest way to tell if a car is gonna move right...

I am going about 45mph at this point, closing in, and YUP IT HAPPENS... SHE DID IT, when i am about 3 grand am lengths from the corner(on my right), SHE PULLS OUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME( yes it was a girl, i got a VERY close look trust me).... she makes a left turn accross my path of travel...

No big deal right, i execute a well performed emergency slow just like i learned in MSF... i slow to about ~10 mph about 1 1/2 grand am lengths from her, and prepare to give her a 21 gun salute, if you know what i mean...

About this time, she must have stopped talking to her passenger or friend in the seat, or perhaps put her cell phone down... what ever lame excuse she had... because SHE PANICS... suddenly her eyes go wide, and she pulls even HARDER on the wheel left, BECAUSE SUDDENLY SHE IS COMING DOWN MY LANE OF TRAFFIC...

THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD, I KID YOU NOT!!!

So, using the slow idle 10mph i had, i quickly throttle off on to the shoulder out of the way...

She passes me, going down the wrong lane of traffic, and then quickly jumps back into her lane....

I have to admit, by this point, i lost track of the part where i was going to flip her off and cuss her out as she drove by, because i was just checking that all my fingers and toes were still in place...

holy christ... never have a been almost killed by the same person, twice in the same spot at the same time...

Still got some shakes going from that mess...

Its just a bad Busa week i think...

be safe out there guys.... their isnt anyone watching out for us, but us...

Glad you're okay! People just don't know what to think about all the two-wheeled creatures coming out of hibernation. :banghead:

..... i wanna take a baseball bat to that car right now... swear to god...

ill bet i could find it too... she was probally heading to the bars...

at that point I would have assumed it was on purpose an tried to get a tag for a retaliatory strike on her at later date after getting the info from the tag. But that s just me, glad you made it.

at that point I would have assumed it was on purpose an tried to get a tag for a retaliatory strike on her at later date after getting the info from the tag. But that s just me, glad you made it.

Yeah, i have lots of hind sight thoughts going through the noggin right now...

end of the day, im just glad i still have 2 arms 2 legs 10 fingers 10 toes etc...

ill take what i can get :)

Yeah, i have lots of hind sight thoughts going through the noggin right now...

end of the day, im just glad i still have 2 arms 2 legs 10 fingers 10 toes etc...

ill take what i can get :)

Yep...this is a prime example of what we need to be prepared for as we head into the prime time riding season. Beware of clueless cagers! Pay special attention to the ones that set off your "bat instincts" and appear to be distracted...because 9x out of 10....something is going to happen!

That was a close one, glad it worked out for you Goatkart.

glad you are OK,is the beginning of the season and believe me down her in sunny FL we had all those snowbirds driving like sh%^& :whistle:

Back