Hollydays in Seattle/California

OB_S@UER 1300RX

Registered
Im in Seattle from 4/6-11/6 then im driving down the coast ending up in L.A. Im going back home 25/6. Any suggenstions on were to go and have a look?? This is my first time in America, im very excitided!!! I live in Denmark, so i think your contry is about 1000 times bigger than mine.
Im going spend some time in the Sillicon vally area as im thinking about moving there next year!!

Show up in the Valley San Jose and I'll take you around the area's on weekends only since I work during the week.E-mail me at CiscoJ@aol.com
Places to see Monterey Bay; Santa Cruz; San Francisco.If you are not coming for another month or so I might be able to get some AAA maps and Hi-light area's of interest in the Bay area but would need your mailing address to forward marked Maps of the Bay Area.Normal rent in the bay area is between $950-$1,500 apartments,unless you move in with roommates.If you are bringing your bike over make sure you have a place with a garage to store your bike in.
I just reread the post and looks like I have enough time to Hi-light a map of the Bay area and send it to you.

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 18 May 2000).]

Hello Cisco my Outlook Express wont send any mails right now but it can reseive them my email adress is c.sauer@post.tele.dk
I would be grateful if you did the maps and mailed them to me, maby we could arrange it, so that we could be in San jose on the 17 and 18th. Im traveling with my girlfriend an my friend and his girlfriend, he is driving a Aprilla rsv mille here in Danmark. We are going to sleep in hotels and motels so if you know some good ones please write them down for me.

When is Seattle, hit the obligatory Space Needle and Seattle Center. When you head do I-5, you MUST go up to Mt. Rainier. If it's a clear day you can't miss the mountain. The gate to the park is about an hour from I-5. The maybe another hour down I-5 you can go off it again to visit Mt. St. Helens. Nice rides...if you're riding. Then hop back on I-5. I would recommend heading down the coast using Highway 101 which goes right along the coast all the way from Washington, thru Oregon, thru Cali, right to Mexico. I-5 is a boring assed interstate. That's about all I can offer.

S@AUER:

I too am Danish, my cousin still lives in Copenhagen. I now live in Malibu, you must go to the "Ed & Vern's Rock Store" on Mullhulland hwy. just off of Kanan Rd. in Cornel Ca. a little town between Agoura and Malibu.

It is a "biker" bar-grill open fri-sun,

Cheers

Alan

On I-5 going from Seattle to California might take you about 10 hrs or more.I know going from San Jose to L.A. 369 miles takes about 5-6 hrs depending on the traffic and pit stops for gas/food/rest.The needle in Seattle is a landmark for that area.It's a structure that over looks the Seattle area,very neat.Before coming here try searching the web for the areas you like to visit.I think for the Bay area you can go to BayArea.com or Baybridge.com or KRON.com which is a local TV station and they might have links to the local happenings.These are the local radio stations that might have a website and links to places of interest for your group, KFOG, KBAY,KGO,KARA,KFSL,KPIG,
KNBC,KFRC,MIX 106.5"SAN JOSE STATION".Hope this helps,plus Triple A might have maps on their website www.AAA.com I believe.Good Luck

Space Needle: http://www.spaceneedle.com/view/gallery_main.asp

Live Public Market Camera: http://www.glg.com/glgweb/html/webcams.html

Live City Shot: http://www.seattleinsider.com/partners/kirotv/Cam-Net/citycam.htm

Puget Sound from Space Needle: http://www.seattleinsider.com/partners/kirotv/Cam-Net/Cam-Main.htm

Mt. Rainier Pics: http://www.mountrainierplus.com/gallery.htm

Mt. St. Helens: http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/msh/msh.html

Olympic Penninsula: http://www.northolympic.com/

All of these areas, including the Pacific, are an hour from my house in the Seattle area. :D Cool place to live.

S@uer:

never learned Danish, I was born in the U.S., abandoned during WWII, barely knew about Denmark until I visited in 1972 and met 65 relatives that helped me with Danish, but I can handle english o.k.

If you are going to make it to Los Angeles area, be sure to call - 310-457-3272

Alan

Arrrrggggg can't wait to get there! Just 13 more days then im off.
My E-mail is up again!!
Does Labusas have a place were they meet up??
And im going to see the Boeing plant, the guy im traveling with is a aircraft mechanic.
And i think that we have the time to go down the highway 101.
unfortunately i dont think that we have the time to go to Cenral Texas, but maby if i move to CAL. next year i'll come by!!

I got maps of the Bay Area,Santa Cruz,MontereyBay,San Francisco,need your mailing address to forward maps to you.E-mail me at CiscoJ@aol.com,don't post your address here might get unwanted mail.Hope you are also searching the website.Keep us posted to make sure we don't waste double posting of information.

Highway 1 running along the coast both north and south of San Francisco is spectacular, no question. It's a fairly narrow two lane road, well maintained but likely to be crowded with RV's and other slow moving traffic especially this time of year so plan accordingly. It will take twice as long to travel as the inland Interstate 5 freeway.

South of San Francisco along Hwy 1 is the Hearst Castle, also a must see.

Have a great trip!

I'm not from Seattle or Calif but I travel a lot. Definitely drive up to Ranier, Park at the north side called "Paradise". Walk up the trail to the snow line. It's almost the prettiest place on earth. Don't go much beyond the snow line without mountaineering skills and gear. You can get killed real fast.

Visit Carmel California. Neat place near San Jose. Californicators please correct me, Isn't it US-1 (the Pacific Coast Highway) that runs from San Fran to LA. I remember it as a slow but very scenic ride.

Visit the Sierras (Mountains) if you get the chance. As a former rock climber Yosemite is like mecca, a godlike place. There is no place on earth quite like it. Although I hear it's crowded now. Try Touloumne Meadows just past Yosemite.

Stop at Fisherman's wharf in San Francisco for seafood. I remember a chinaman's place that was quite excellent. Right on the waterfront.

A word of advice from a Californian named John Steinbeck, an author and traveler,
the more efficient your mode of transportation the less you see. Get off the Interstates and take the less travelled roads. (Emerson ?)

Sounds like a fine trip, I wish I were going along.

Californicators, doesn't the Pacific Coast hiway run from Seattle to San Diego right along the coast? Yes it's slow but there's likely to be a lot more sights to see and places to visit than an Interstate inland.

What's the local's recommendation?

There is SOOOOOOOO much to see on that coast.
I would recommend in seattle area to go to the Boeing plant that was a blast.
Go thru Portland Oregon and see the colomdia river gorge drive.
Pebble beach 17 mile drive in mid CA.
Go see Duc,Go Big and the rest of the gang from Labusa.in LA
I know there is alot but bring lots of film.And welcome to America.
PS if you can come thru Cenral Texas you have a place to stay.

[This message has been edited by Johnnycheese (edited 22 May 2000).]

Back