Holiday Wishlist

It looks wayyyy better than the Panamera, for sure, but that 4 door coupe profile doesn't do it for me. Doesn't matter, because it's out of my price range anyway. I'm glad that they get cheap pretty quickly. I'll look forward to hearing what you have to say about it.

Don't you worry Mr Brown, by this time next year, a 2016 S65 will be half the price it was when new :)

True story, buttttttttt given that the MSRP was north of 200k that doesn't do me much good......

Yeah, I'd be looking at an M5 at that price range. Rated 700 HP from the factory and with a jb4/tune, you can push out a lot more.

If I had 100k to spend it would absolutely be a used S65, but that's not my reality. I had an S55, it got totalled so I thought I'd try an E60 BMW, wanted an M5, but decided a properly optioned 535 was more within my reach given the maintenance costs on that V10, rod bolts, trans etc. I bought a clean 08 model, added a JB4, fbo, prolly around 5 at the wheels. A fun car, but just like the Caddys, too small a platform for me. Sold it and bought another S55. I have yet to find anything I can afford that ticks all the boxes besides the S classes. Luxury, comfort and speed. Almost like a 4 wheel version of the busa now that I think about it. No wonder I like them.....

Bought myself a new rifle in 300 Win Mag,scope,bipod,etc.($2900)and about $700 in accessories to complete the package...will be my best Christmas ever.:laugh::super:

https://www.ruger.com/products/HawkeyeLRT/models.html
I'm not a gun guy by any means, but I did enjoy putting some rounds through a friends Remington 700 in chambered in 270
Is a 300 Win Mag round superior? Obviously it's larger, but does it have other benefits too?

If I had 100k to spend it would absolutely be a used S65, but that's not my reality. I had an S55, it got totalled so I thought I'd try an E60 BMW, wanted an M5, but decided a properly optioned 535 was more within my reach given the maintenance costs on that V10, rod bolts, trans etc. I bought a clean 08 model, added a JB4, fbo, prolly around 5 at the wheels. A fun car, but just like the Caddys, too small a platform for me. Sold it and bought another S55. I have yet to find anything I can afford that ticks all the boxes besides the S classes. Luxury, comfort and speed. Almost like a 4 wheel version of the busa now that I think about it. No wonder I like them.....

We had a C63 S around 09-12, and that was one hell of a car. But it was tboned and I didn't wanna burn holes in my pocket anymore. Went to the RCF, but I wasn't quite happy, and then I found this q60rs in June. Bought it brand new along with the L8, and I was pretty pleased. They have alpha tuned ones out there pushing 1000's, and the 800 WHP already pushes 10.005. It's too new of a platform for me to judge, but it's very easy to put out power and torque throughout the powerband. Feels like a busa. Very small tho.

We had a C63 S around 09-12, and that was one hell of a car. But it was tboned and I didn't wanna burn holes in my pocket anymore. Went to the RCF, but I wasn't quite happy, and then I found this q60rs in June. Bought it brand new along with the L8, and I was pretty pleased. They have alpha tuned ones out there pushing 1000's, and the 800 WHP already pushes 10.005. It's too new of a platform for me to judge, but it's very easy to put out power and torque throughout the powerband. Feels like a busa. Very small tho.
I can't do small....

I'm not a gun guy by any means, but I did enjoy putting some rounds through a friends Remington 700 in chambered in 270
Is a 300 Win Mag round superior? Obviously it's larger, but does it have other benefits too?

More powder capacity/velocity/able to handle heavier bullet weights,etc.(along with considerably more recoil in rifles of comparable weight[in a 9-10 lb. rifle the .300 will thump you pretty good]but this rifle/scope/bipod/muzzle brake combo. is around 14 lbs. or so which makes recoil much more manageable).Though I wouldn't really want to lug this heavy of a gun around in the woods all day,I won't be hunting with it and mostly shooting at a range from a bench rest or in a prone position along with a trip to the desert now and then for some plinking with friends.We have a pretty decent range down the road with distances out to around 900 yards I'm looking forward to hitting around Christmas,long range shooting is big again and perfect for this caliber.

This guy's really good,fast forward to around the 6:45 mark:

...I think we need a video of me shooting a cigarette out of Red's mouth.:laugh:

What could possibly go wrong.....:laugh:

tumblr_mhl7kc0ur91qz7lxdo1_400.gif

Back