Holiday special!! ONLY $50!!!!

Boosted Cycle Perf

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
(I'm posting this here because I don't have a sponsor section set up yet)

The holidays are upon us, and money is tight, but for this week I'd offering up a special so you can get your self, and that special Hayabusa in your life, a little something to let her know you appreciate her. :rofl:

So for this week I'm offering $50 ecu reflashes for gen 1 and 2 hayabusas, plus the cost of return shipping.

What does it do? Well ask anyone who has had it done, they will tell you how it really wakes the bike up in the lower gears. From the factory, suzuki pull the ignition timing back, to keep the power more manageable in gears 1-4. The ecu Reflash will give you 5th gear timing values for gears 1-5, and really wake up your ride.

Now some may say well that's what a TRE does. (Timing retard eliminator) which is essentially is true, because it tricks your ecu in to thinking it's in 5th gear, until it's in 6th. But what they don't tell you is in 5th gear, your factory ecu has something called ram air compensation that starts in 5th gear. This feature adds 10% more fuel to make up for the extra air coming in from the ram air ducts. What this ultimately means is, when your in gears 1-4 using a tre, the ecu thinks it's still in 5th, so ram air compensation is active, and injecting 10% more fuel, which is robbing you of HP!!!

So reflashing the ecu, ONLY changes timing values, and nothing else. (It does what the TRE wishes it could do.) The other benefit is the factory 186mph speed limiter can be removed.

FINE PRINT: This offer is only for bikes that have ecus that haven't been flashed yet. If you've had a tune, through the ecu, this feature has probably already been enabled. If you are running a TRE, it MUST be removed before re-installing the flashed ecu.

My bike was tuned with the Xtre and pcIII usb, would this take care of the fuel problem? I was very pleased with the way it runs, and the numbers, 191hp,115tq., but am always looking for more. Forgot to say I have Brocks AH full pipe.

My bike was tuned with the Xtre and pcIII usb, would this take care of the fuel problem? I was very pleased with the way it runs, and the numbers, 191hp,115tq., but am always looking for more. Forgot to say I have Brocks AH full pipe.

What fuel problem do you have? If the bike was tuned with the TRE, I would assume if he was a good tuner he pulled fuel out of the map to compensate for the ram air compensation.

You were talking about a 10 % add due to the ram air effect, this is what I was referring to, . He is a good tuner so I guess you answered my question, Thank you.

You were talking about a 10 % add due to the ram air effect, this is what I was referring to, . He is a good tuner so I guess you answered my question, Thank you.

That's what I figured, but I just wanted to clarify. Thanks for inquiring!

Who's next?! Looks like I have a few ecus coming my way.

Sure is. You'll get all the benefits as discribed above, plus i set the rev limiter to hard cut, and kill ignition and fuel. That makes it a lot safer should you touch the rev limiter.

You have a stage 2 bike correct? The ecu hasn't been flashed before?

There's a good bit that can be done with an ECU now. I'm not talking about two stepping or anything like that, but could you list everything you would do ?

Sure. Both ecus can:

1.Can be used to adjust fuel maps(like a power commander)
2.Give full control over ignition timing
3.Full control over rev limiter
4.Nitrous control (progressive on gen2)
5.Use the ecu as ignition kill for air shifters/quick shifters
6.Control a shift light
7.Raise the voltage limit on map sensors (eliminates FI lights on turbo bikes)
6.Disable ram air compensation
8.Injector compensation (for guys running big injectors)

Those are the over all similarities, and I may be missing something. But should have it covered.

Now the gen 2 ecu can:
1.Run 8 injectors (as well as big secondaries in the top rail for turbo apps)
2.Boost referenced fueling. (Eliminates the need for a microtech like on gen 1 turbo bikes)
3.Has the ability to run 3 or 4 bar map sensors
4.Progressive nitrous control
5.Progressive boost control
6.Clutch activated 2 step
7.Data log capabilities
8.Autotune capabilities
9.Adjustable cooling fan on/off limits

That about it. Again im sure I'm missing something, but that's the major points.

Sure is. You'll get all the benefits as discribed above, plus i set the rev limiter to hard cut, and kill ignition and fuel. That makes it a lot safer should you touch the rev limiter.

You have a stage 2 bike correct? The ecu hasn't been flashed before?

Stage one. Dying to get to stage two lol.

Here's what I have, 2004 Hayabusa w/ full Yosh exhaust and K&N filter. Bought it used and have no idea what tune if any is on it. What can we do and how much will it run? I'm here in Texas so the weather conditions shouldn't be much different from your local conditions other than less humidity.

Here's what I have, 2004 Hayabusa w/ full Yosh exhaust and K&N filter. Bought it used and have no idea what tune if any is on it. What can we do and how much will it run? I'm here in Texas so the weather conditions shouldn't be much different from your local conditions other than less humidity.

I sent you a response back via pm

Flash'em if you got folks !

It really is a great cheap mod with very good results on the old butt dyno. :laugh:

Looks like I may have to widen the door in my shop for all the shipments of ecus y'all are shipping me. It's been a pleasure answering everyone's questions. And it's only Tuesday, so let's keep them coming!

I have a 2007 with a full Ti Force system tuned running a PC3 and a TRE. I read about having to eliminate the TRE before re installing the flashed ecu, but do I also eliminate the PC3?

I have a 2007 with a full Ti Force system tuned running a PC3 and a TRE. I read about having to eliminate the TRE before re installing the flashed ecu, but do I also eliminate the PC3?

No you would still run your pc3, as the tune is on it. Alls I'm changing is ignition timing. However, was the bike tuned with the TRE installed, or was it added after the tune?

Back