Holiday Iron Butt Run

Acehole

The crowbar!
Donating Member
Registered
On a whim, i decided to try the SaddleSore Iron Butt run which is 1000 miles in 24 hours and sanctioned by the Iron Butt Association. SaddleSore 1000/Bun Burner 1500 Rules

Left Ironton, OH July 3rd at 4:37 in the morning and arrived just west of Milwaukee, WI to meet Kevin (LURCH). I arrived back to Gallipolis, OH July 4th at 4:03 in the morning.

My observations: I only had 7 hours sleep the previous 2 days to departure cuz i was just so dang excited! BAD!! Rode the last 10 hours very fatigued and tired.
Traffic thru Chicago and Milwaukee on I-94 is brutal on a holiday weekend. Took me 3 hours to travel 60 miles!
Accidents can close a highway and strand you for an hour of more in the hot sun!
The Busa is a comfortable bike to ride all day...uhm and all night!
We need more gas stations less than 35 miles away that stay open 24 hours.

Very little pics, but here are a few:

Lurch and I at Carribou Coffee across from the Zoo where Kevin was doing something...I don't know, maybe helping with the Giraffe!
camera roll 226.JPG

Chcago skyline from under a viaduct on the highway.
camera roll 227.JPG

Chicago Style baby!!!
camera roll 229.JPG

End of ride.
camera roll 231.JPG

camera roll 226.JPG

camera roll 227.JPG

camera roll 229.JPG

camera roll 231.JPG

Last edited:
Congratulations. You sure did cut it close! Now get that paperwork filed. Semi, have you submitted yours yet :poke:

congrats, man! :bowdown: Hoping to do a saddlesore myself someday. May I ask what seat you used (factory, gel, etc.)?

Awesome, Ace...just the perfect thing to do on the spur of the moment.

Wish I'd been there with you, yo! :beerchug:

Well done!

Scar,
Don't you do some kind of Iron Butt ride at least once per week? :whistle:

Congrats!:beerchug:
Closest I have ever got was 968 miles in 24 hours 2up and was glad to get home.

Congrats, man.:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Well done!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
I know what it's like to be that excited. I only had 3 hours of sleep the night before I did it. I remember I was still awake at 12:30am and had to wake up at 3:30 to leave at 4:00am.
I can't wait to do it again. We would have done it yesterday if my co-worker didn't have any plans.

Thanks all....it was a great experience. But trust me, if anyone else plans this do NOT go thru a major city!!! Ugh

Acehole from one Iron Butt member to another CONGRATULATIONS on joining the club. Wardie IBA,AMA,BMWMOA,BMWRA

congrats, brother :beerchug: i would say welcome to the group but i haven't turned in my paperwork and gotten accepted yet, guess i need to do that this week :laugh:

btw, did you go tankful to tankful? :poke:

:laugh: now, i can stand in the corner and watch you two go at it :rofl:

Back