Holeshot Power Shifter

OB_STEVEN

Registered
Is here any body using the Dale Walker Holeshot Power Shifter 3(Electric Solenoid Shifter)I would like to install one on my 2000 .It seems to be double the price of any other air shifter.Any information woud be great. thank you Steven

I have used the power shifter for 8 months or so love it .I used the kill from quiker electronics though.faster unit and it does not make the fuel injection light come on.just e-mail me @aol.com. and I can get you in touch with them.they also have shift lts.that work with 4 coil set ups

I have heard go things about this air shifter and I have sold quite a few of them. Currently I am using the airshifter and kill box w/ the air comp. If I get another busa I am going to try it out. You will have to fab a little cable bracket but for almost $500 and no worries about filling a bottle or running hoses it is a pretty cool ideal.

the mps makes your injection light come on. the walker actuation method is inconsistant the one I use actuates as close to the trans as possible.this way you dont have movement variables (cables pnuematic switches etc.)then you can achieve a shorter kill time that is when you will realize the other kills are to slow.because there is much less delay from shifter movement to switch activation kill time will next to not.(micro switch mounts to sprocket cover and rides on shifter awsome shifts I will talk to them this week end and get thier address.this helps air and electric shifters.and the h.s.3 is great!

Motorhead I don't know your e mail address thank you for the feedback on the shifter .Did you have to drill the frame to install the cable . Also do you have the information on the company that makes the kill box. e mail is slomba2807 @aol.com thank you Steven

Great reply Motorhead.I forgot that the throw amplifys the problem.My micro switch was an inch down the footrest mounted shift lever.The worst possible position.
Turbo 1300 I have the info in work and will post reply on Monday,I can tell you the switch is £90 over here which is approx$150.
Gasabusa

GAS, thanks and I will be waiting on the info Monday. Can you get the switch pretty easy? Is it pretty easy to install? Does the switch comes with directions for installation?

do not mount the relay on the shifter but on the sprocket cover and let the actuator arm ride on the shift shaft or the pinch bolt curve(the piece that your shift rod going to your shifter and pinches the shaft spline)get the micro switch whith the little wheel on it this way it will roll with the radius of that piece smoothly and wear will be minimal.

I have used both an air shifter and a quick shifter.When the motor was stripped the shift fork was worn. On closer inspection I found that the gearbox lever doesn't return to the same position from second to third as it does from third to fourth.Making a micro switch useless as it is fixed position for switching. looking at other Busa's I found the same problem the only way round it seems to be to use a Techtronics shifter rod this is a pressure sensitive rod so as soon as the gear is about to engage it kills the motor.This the shifter that the World Superbike guys use.
Remember its possible to shift into gear with the kill being in the approxiamatly right position.
Could some of you guys check you're bikes and give me fedback on this I'll be interested to see if its as common as I think.Remember its the position it returns to an the exact position it engages that's important.
Thanks
Gasabusa

the 1st to 2nd shift is different throw than the others thats why the micro switch rides on the small curved portion of the shifter before linkage making the rotational differentiation between shifts very slight my killtime is about 25 miliseconds and thier kill box microswitch setup costs $100 U.S. i had my pan off and my forks are as new the shift throw difference gear to gear is mechanical movement dictated .thats thats why the closer to the actuater(trans) your trigger method is the less multiplied the movement differences from gear to gear are.over150 1/4 mile passes 8k miles has proven a reliable piece.the electric foot shifter from them only costed me 100bucs to boot.cheapest 1-2 tenths on the planet.

yes this also has a relay good for 100000 cycles+ when you move the switch to this position you will realize that a much shorter kill is possible.and the mps and holeshot will be the fly in your ointment progression through obsession.we are bound only by physics.so don't be bound by peoples opinions of your situations or ideas.if we didnot have people living by this rule we would still be clubbing our food!

Turbo 1300 the switch is easy to install and comes with instructions,but Motorhead has a point the micro switch with roller could be just as good if positioned where he indicates I'll be trying this next week.
Gasabusa

Motorhead when you buy the kill box from quick electronics does it have a micro switch and bracket.Do you get instructions on how to mount the switch.When you put the bike in first does it crush the micro switch. thanks Steven

Motorhead I e mailed quick electronics last week, have not received an answer would you have there phone number or the City and State where they are located . Thank you Steven

Back