Hole in akra midpipe

fast_pace77

Registered
Akrapovic headers arrived yesterday and im perplexed over this hole in the bottom of the midpipe right at manifold joint. Is this supposed to be here? If not, wat should i do?

20180603_014654.jpg

It looks to me like someone drilled that for water drainage purposes.
If you don't like it, just take it to an engineer/welder that van tig weld titanium and have him seal it up, won't cost much at all.
Let us know how you get on.

I would have thought that to be a pilot hole for an O2 sensor. If it's facing down when installed, must not be that.

Not sure what that hole is for, but I would think that the last thing you would want is an exit point for super hot (~1200F.) exhaust gases that close to the exhaust port! But then again I am no expert.

Cool! Hey did you find a muffler to suit those awesome headers?
Cause im so excited, again on this thread :) lol
Screenshot_20180731-001457.jpg

Akrapovic makes a titanium header for our bike?!?
I got the last one :p lol jk idk..
Kiwi found it for me on ebay. $450 for header an midpipe. Muffler just ran me another $325

Not many, and now discontinued.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/will-gen-ii-full-akrapovic-system-fit-on-gen-i.194278/
This may help

I would have thought that to be a pilot hole for an O2 sensor. If it's facing down when installed, must not be that.
I thought that at first too but at the underneath, exactly, didnt make sense. We'll see if i can notice a leak-noise when muffler is installed. Doubt it but we'll see

Not sure what that hole is for, but I would think that the last thing you would want is an exit point for super hot (~1200F.) exhaust gases that close to the exhaust port! But then again I am no expert.
Its at the beginning of the midpipe where tubes collect to 1, def no risk of damage that far away

Back