hmmmm what to do what to do

tourbus

Registered
I had a deposit on the gen II busa but had to backout at the last minute do to other financial obligations. Im now in a position to buy a new one and went to the dealer to check them out. I really liked the genII's and was ready to write the deal but....... i noticed a brand new white/slvr 06 and a brand new burgandy 07 sitting in the back of the new bikes showroom. They are brand new no mile units and they are asking $9429.00 for each of them. I kinda feel like that is a hell of a deal for brand new genI busa's. is the $9429 a godd asking price or are they still a bit high? i really am deadlocked on what-to-do.

I believe 07's were around that. Really suprised an 06LE is still on the floor. LE is two years old so I would think they might move a little.

r8

Got my 07 for $8900.....
beerchug.gif

Seems high for both since it's '08. Test them to see if they really want to sell either.
Good luck
Mark

Seems high for both since it's '08. Test them to see if they really want to sell either.
Good luck
Mark

Im glad i asked you guys about this. The stealership is acting like they are losing $$$$ already when i ask them if they can deal anymore. I am wanting to trade my 2007 zx-10R in and they are wanting about $2200 diff, i think thats high or am i wrong.also i found new 08's for $10699+tax & no frieght or set-up fee's so $9429.00 is high, hell for a thousand more i could have the new one.
Im glad i asked you guys about this. The stealership is acting like they are losing $$$$ already when i ask them if they can deal anymore. I am wanting to trade my 2007 zx-10R in and they are wanting about $2200 diff, i think thats high or am i wrong.also i found new 08's for $10699+tax & no frieght or set-up fee's so $9429.00 is high, hell for a thousand more i could have the new one.

Good luck
Mark

Im glad i asked you guys about this. The stealership is acting like they are losing $$$$ already when i ask them if they can deal anymore. I am wanting to trade my 2007 zx-10R in and they are wanting about $2200 diff, i think thats high or am i wrong.also i found new 08's for $10699+tax & no frieght or set-up fee's so $9429.00 is high,  hell for a thousand more i could have the new one.
Im glad i asked you guys about this. The stealership is acting like they are losing $$$$ already when i ask them if they can deal anymore. I am wanting to trade my 2007 zx-10R in and they are wanting about $2200 diff, i think thats high or am i wrong.also i found new 08's for $10699+tax & no frieght or set-up fee's so $9429.00 is high,  hell for a thousand more i could have the new one.
Where are you at in Kansas?

Buy a new bike that way you won't have to upgrade on key weaknesses of the Gen 1

Good luck
Mark

Where are you at in Kansas?
i am in alta vista,about 23 miles straight south of manhattan.

I had a deposit on the gen II busa but had to backout at the last minute do to other financial obligations. Im now in a position to buy a new one and went to the dealer to check them out. I really liked the genII's and was ready to write the deal but....... i noticed a brand new white/slvr 06 and a brand new burgandy 07 sitting in the back of the new bikes showroom. They are brand new no mile units and they are asking $9429.00 for each of them. I kinda feel like that is a hell of a deal for brand new genI busa's. is the $9429 a godd asking price or are they still a bit high? i really am deadlocked on what-to-do.
It depends how much 13 extra stock hp and better brakes, along with the new busa's "J-Lo" looks, are worth to you
winkold.gif
With a few mods(pipe/pc/filter/gearing) you can make a first gen run like the J-Lo version.....but it'll prolly cost you around 1500 bucks or so. Or you could pick up a low mileage used first gen for 5-6 grand, and have LOTS of spare money to put into it. A turbo would prolly keep you happy for awhile. Or a nice dependable big-bore kit
winkold.gif
laugh.gif

So what you gonna do?

winkold.gif

I would beat them around on the price, because most people are going to buy the 08, and they will still be stuck with the 06 and the 07, so when it comes right down to the check writing, I bet they will deal. If they won't move on the price, make them throw in some goodies, like a jacket, or helmet, or something like that.

Get the GenII. Change the Cans and Live with the Ugly Tail or do Something with the it and you will have a great Bike...........

I would beat them around on the price, because most people are going to buy the 08, and they will still be stuck with the 06 and the 07, so when it comes right down to the check writing, I bet they will deal. If they won't move on the price, make them throw in some goodies, like a jacket, or helmet, or something like that.
i tried and tried to work with this dealership on there pricing & they wont budge but.....i did find my bike its a new blue 07 and i pick it up monday
thumb_up.gif
,id get it tomorrow but my dad and i are headed to pick up his 08 busa.

i tried and tried to work with this dealership on there pricing & they wont budge but.....i did find my bike its a new blue 07 and i pick it up monday
thumb_up.gif
,id get it tomorrow but my dad and i are headed to pick up his 08 busa.
That's exactly why they have a new '06 still on the floor. Maybe next year when it's 3 years old they'll drop it another $50 bucks.

Glad you found a better dealership and congrats on the new bike!
super.gif

well I paid 9200 OTD for my 06 and could have had an 07 for the same price at the same dealer, I just liked the look of the 06 better.. Now if you add 4G to the price? I think I would still be looking at getting the 06 myself..

Not that there is anything really wrong with the 08 but it is a first year for a revamped model and they inherently end up with some issues that take a year or two to iron out.. I will consider the 10 when it comes out..

Either way you still end up on one really fast bad azz bike that will make your blood pump regardless of what year it is. I think the 4 grand will do enough mods to the 07 to make it heck of a bike compared to the 08

Back