Hmm multiple low beams later ... probably doing something wrong

BlkDrgnZ28

Registered
well heres my situation, i have a 07 hayabusa with a lil over 9k miles. i didn't like the stock headlights that came on the bike and i put in some cheap high k headlights didn't like the amount of light they put out then swaped them out for the silverstar high and low lights since i was to poor at the time to do non crapy hid's. for a long time i didn't blow a bulb, but then when i started goofing off on the bike a lil bit with endo's. i blew 2 bulbs within a month so i quit that since it was getting expensive. well for a while i didn't blow any but in the last 7 months or so im having to replace my 3rd low beam. i've only blown 1 high beam and the only other electrical mod i have on my bike is a plug and play taillight with integrated turns i havent touched the wiring up front so i don't think anything up there is just shorting out from my home wiring jobs. i also wear gloves when i put the new bulbs in because i know that your skins oil can mess them up.

any ideas on whats goin on? i know it could be a short do you have any idea on wear to start looking at cause i don't know what to look for as far as a short and what would i be looking for ? freyed wires? burnt wires? any idea would be nice cause i def don't want to put in hid's and start going through this at hundred bucks a pop or so

i picked up silverstars and they blew quick on me too went back to stock

I've heard my share of stories just like this one about silverstars not lasting very long. I won't be running them :laugh:

I went through 2 PIAA Extreme White+ bulbs, first one lasted 5 months, second 7 months. Now on a Silverstar, not got to ride as much as I would like this summer so it's lasted 3 months so far.
PIAA high beam has been in there the whole time, but seldom gets used.

Back