hmm... anyone have or know somone who has one?

skurvey~

Registered
so today for the first time i saw a TL1000... i dont know anything about these bikes except that they are a v-twin, and pretty badass looking, kinda remind me of a busa.. haha.  so i was wondering if any of you guys have ridden or maybe have a friend who owns one, or even has seen one in action.. how do they perform?

<!--EDIT|skurvey~
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127340826 -->

No, but I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
tounge.gif

I had an 1997 TL1000S bought new, No problems
with the bike at all.Very fun bike for the street.Extreame
wheelie bike.Suzuki had issues with the fuel injection
mine was fine.The 1997s were the most powerful but
quarky.Inabout 98 or 99 Suzuki brought out the TL1000R.
Better fuel injection full fairing ,but heavier and not as much
fun on the street (IMHO)

Let me know if you have any specific questions

A close friend of mine just got a '02 TL1000R. He is having a lot of fun with it. No problems so far although he purchased it used.

my $0.02

Know a guy who owns a TL1000R. Don't know what year. I'm looking to hook up a ride with him. Will let you know.
cool.gif

A riding buddy of mine had a TL1000, he could wheelie 'til ya got bored watching him.  He went through 3 cranks.  The SV1000 is basically the same bike with better looks, better fuel injection, and lighter.  Still a massive wheelie machine.

they are slow. I mean its a V-twin... very torquey, not real quick.

On ly negatives I could give you are that you have to have long legs/ a long inseam to sit on it comfortably at a stop, and it tends to feel a bit top-heavy in turns and such. The CoG isn't anywhere nearly as low and stable as the Busa, for instance.

Back