HMF Pipes: Too Hot to handle

bladerunna

Registered
well i'm new here peeps glad to be aboard.. got 2003 busa kinda unique also(get to that later).. any of you that have HMF pipes (high mount) let me know my right side fairing got "torched" a bit after 30 min of riding and my fairing under the bike actually fell off..!! anyone else have these problems..? and how can you get that piece under the bike to stay on and not get melted ...? help me out.. also what's the best "map" for those pipes any siggestions..? Now to the busa: got an 03 40th aniversary (BLACK & GREY) not burnt orange ..!!BLACK & GREY from what i understand... one of a kind.. i'll post pics cause i know ya dont believe me lol..
jump9.gif

welcome to the board bladerunna, new to the board myself. you"ll find everyone here is real helpful ,even a few experts enjoy your new busa how did the undertail fall off? melted? there are guys here that has high mount hmf pipes im ordering low mounts myself. havent gotten any bad feedback on them. post some pics so we can all check out the bike.
super.gif

HP

like with any pipe you need to check clearance with plastic.
I had a High mount and got the right fairing below the peg and the left side by the stator.
Heat tape worked for me

I hope you didn't pay extra for this "anniversary" black/grey busa. Looks like a standard black/grey bike with some mods and black painted accents to me. The black out job on the real 40th bikes don't match the black-out job on yours.

Don't get me wrong, your bike is sweet, it's just not a 40th Anniv. model. Maybe the dealer told you it was?

well i did not pay more for it... and trust me.. it is a 40th..! the rear sets and passenger foot pegs i had powder coated last weekend.. check the logo.. i've took it to other dealers in the are and they are all amazed i got it like that.. it's a 40th.. the guy that wanted the orage fairings did not want the black frame so we bought at sametime and switched... he's got the silver frame..

DSCN1589.JPG

welcome to the board
and i jest like to ask how were u able to get a high mounted system and stil have a passinger
i would love to have the same thing but i heard that it isn't posible:D
i have a 01 busa blue\silver and thinking of geting it painted to the new orang color
i would realy like som opinuns ;)

AAAssjani.gif
AAAAHHHH!!!! Stickers!!!!! get them off!!!!

Love the bike... i got the same year and getting the same pipes.
super.gif

LOL to many Haters lol what stickers..!! Show me a sticker lol i was just in the right place at the right time... dont hate me for being "busa-ful"...! lol
biggrin.gif

AAAAHHHH!!!! Stickers!!!!! get them off!!!!

Love the bike... i got the same year and getting the same pipes.

LOL to many Haters lol what stickers..!! Show me a sticker lol i was just in the right place at the right time...  dont hate me for being "busa-ful"...! lol
biggrin.gif
What you on about mate?
I think what BIg E means is the orange and white "WARNING" stckers on your tank and side pannels.

LOL to many Haters lol what stickers..!! Show me a sticker lol i was just in the right place at the right time...  dont hate me for being "busa-ful"...! lol
biggrin.gif
Big_E isn't Hatin Man...Slow down a little, he's Talking about the Dreaded "WARNING Stickers from Hell" that Suzuki feels the need to splatter all over the bike.  

I think you explained how your Bike came to be pretty well and it looks schweet like that.  Damn good Idea.  Though to be fair, making it sound like it came from the factory that way isn't quite accurate now is it?
rock.gif

Ride looks sweet, if you do not mind me asking how much was the powder coating on the pegs?  I might have to steal that idea for my all Black Bike...

Whoops same time same post....
smileyexhibit.gif

i'm cool.. just havin fun i aint mad trust me.. i feel ya.. your right.. i do need to get those stickers off got any ideas on how to make it easier especially on that tank...
the powder coating actually i got done at the dealership in st Augustine FL there is a place in jax that does it also.. called "powder tech".. it ran me about $35.00 per item so about $140.00 for rear sets and passenger pegs.. only chrome i'm getting is the rims.... i hear this place powder tech can do just about any color you can think of... Also.. if your around J-ville or can send a piece there's a place called auto trim design.. this dude is bad .!! when it comes to air brushing and stickers.. !!! he put logo on my rear cowl that is sweet..!! i'll take pic and let you guys see it.. looks nice... well i'm out got peace.. and like i said just havin fun .. i'm cool.. but ya right about those stickers..!!!

No Sweat, Stickers on your inner fairings should peal off in one piece real easy, just get to them before it sits in the sun too much. The Tank is a simple operation involving a hairdryer, some patience, and some Goo-Gone (Wal-Mart or Target). Simply get the sticker real nice and hot with the hairdryer and start lifting it off slowly (Fingernails only) keeping it nice and hot. Once you get all the sticker off you get the residue off with the Goo-Gone and a real soft cloth. Take your time and it will all come off without a scratch. Apply your favorite wax to the tank once they are gone and your Golden!

bladerunna, just a thought but revlis said use a hairdryer and he means it. dont use a heatgun even on low you can bubble the paint . my tank sticker took me about 30 min so be patient have fun
thumbs-up.gif

HP

Bladerunna, like everyone said... use the blowdryer and regular rubbing alchohol helps take the glue off. sorry if i offended you, just having fun with ya.

well i did not pay more for it... and trust me.. it is a 40th..! the rear sets and passenger foot pegs i had powder coated last weekend.. check the logo.. i've took it to other dealers in the are and they are all amazed i got it like that.. it's a 40th.. the guy that wanted the orage fairings did not want the black frame so we bought at sametime and switched... he's got the silver frame..
Hmmm, I see... makes sense I guess. Here's another suggestion to keep from skinning up the 40th plaque. Get rid of that metal keychain thingy. As it flops around in the wind it will begin to scuff the plate and the area around the key hole. A few here have already found this out the hard way. Luckily you and I can benefit from their experience without the pain of nicks and scuffs.
wink.gif

nah it's cool Big_E i dont offend that easy... just havin fun myself.. just happy to be part of the "busa" family... looks like i'll be gettin my rims chromed in a couple of weeks.. i think that will set all the black off.. plus getting a cruise from throttle miester.. and gettin the crom polished ones.. now if i can just get these a good map for these darn HMF pipes...! i'll be set ..

Back