HMF Highmounts

ram4whldr

Registered
After the poll confirmed my thoughts about which can to choose I believe I will purchase the HMF dual high mounts with carbon fiber cans.  What else will I need in order to do this right??  I think I need a PCIII, but which one of these do I need?  Also while I am there shouldn't I remove the pair valve??  Any input would be appreciated.  Also if anyone has an 05 limited with the hmf high mounts send me a pic if you can. Also, who has the best prices on these items?

One more question; Can a person with slight mechanic ability install all of these mods??

<!--EDIT|ram4whldr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123620942 -->

I bought mine from a source here in Oregon and got an excellent price. PM me for more info.

One more question; Can a person with slight mechanic ability install all of these mods?? [/QUOTE]

I am going to say NO to this question. I was warned before I bought mine, so I took them to a professional performance shop. When I picked the bike up, they complained loudly about how much of a pain it was to install. They said that they actually only charged me for half the labor it really took.

If you do a search on this board, you will find lots of people saying how much of a pin these are to install. But everyone seems happy with the end result, including me.

Yes, loose the pair valve...if you don't it may backfire with the full system and then you will have to attempt to pull it off with the headers on and that's no fun from what I hear. Define slight mechanical inclined? It's no easy task but what you get in the long run it's well worth the trouble and hard work.

100_0078.jpg

You can do do it, but its not an easy job, get the PC3 USB,send me your email and I'll send you a map. NJ.:)

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123637040 -->

Bath_6.JPG

You can block off your PAIR valve with a marble. There is a post on here that gives step by step on how to.

I also have the same pipes on my bike. I bought them in late summer of 2002. They installed quickly for me 2 to 3 hours tops. Had a fight with one side of the exhaust, but walked away and had lunch. Came back and the pipes slide right on. Also had the trans rebuilt and the mechanic loved the pipes. He said it was easier than the stock pipes to work around.

If you have any questions about the pipes let me know.

Also the custmer service at HMF has always been great. I crashed the bike and killed the left side of the bike. I had to replace the left side exhaust. I called HMF told them what happened and they sold me just the parts i needed at a great price. There are other companies out there that could learn from that.

Back