HMF High mount problem

MFFJM2

Registered
I had to replace the swingarm on the 2006 Busa I bought recently because the HMF highmount exhaust rubbed the swing-arm stabilizing arm right through. There is just enough of a rough edge on the mid-pipe to wear through the swing arm. Has anyone else had this problem..? I e-mailed HMF and they suggested that the exhaust had not been properly installed. And to loosen the connections and pull it away from the swing-arm. The exhaust mid-pipe doesn't touch the swing-arm when it's at rest. It does rub against the swing arm during suspension travel. There is no room between the swing-arm and the passenger footpeg, either the pipe will rub on one or both. Some pics...
l_5226df41c2adb56d91226efd5fe3f55f.jpg

l_5154f58ff79fb8780cd7a26a536ae526.jpg

l_f92c92ff707d625403e3627c17cb1a32.jpg

wow. several have HMF hi mounts...wonder if they have this issue.

Pipe's hit his swingarm once on his old bike because he was lowered.
Marked the midpipe, took it off, and took a hammer and just beat a little dent in it and never had anymore problems.

ya i noticed mine was like that too on one side where it was adjusted wrong. i just braced myself to be bike and gave it a couple good tugs and it was adjusted right... i dont think it is that much of a structural support to have to replace it right away. but i have another swingarm just in case i start to notice an integrity issue

Mine has been rubbing for years but no hole and no problems from it. Like the others say, just give it a good tug and you should be fine.

Josh

Ryders Connection

holy crap! ummm I think you might have waited a bit to long to adjust your exhaust. :whistle:

I think you might have had a case with HMF at the time of purchase if you weren't satisfied with the fitment but by now you might be on your own. sorry man.

This is my 2 cents on HMF High Mounts. I installed one on Busa_Chemist Bike and was not impressed with the fitting of the pipe what so ever in fact I think for the money you pay HMF they could do a better job so the pipes would fit better I am sure they could find someone to lend them a busa to design a better fitting pipe.

Last edited:
Just need the right HMF mechanic...or atleast have her school you on it.:whistle:

hmf_mechanic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And to think I almost didn't look at this thread since I don't have an HMF! :laugh:

Back