HMF high mount problem

06blackbusa

Registered
I purchased an HMF high mount slip on from a fellow on ebay. well yesterday i went to install it and nothing would line up. It seems that the stock header exits at the wrong angle. my bike is an 06 with bone stock exhaust and is lowered 2". has any one ran into such a problem. I contacted the guy and he said that his was also an 06 and had a stock header. So i cant figure out what is wrong. :banghead:

I know they make one(full system) because i bought one from thier site for my old 06. I got pics on here some where lol.

yea i see that, upon further investigation. but they do offer a slip on

HMF Racing / Shop / Pipes / Suzuki / Hayabusa (02-07)
Those slip ons thats on the site you have quoted are not high mounts. They are simply slip ons. It shows that in thier pic on the site. If you go to a full system it shows the high mount in a full system only...sorry but thats the only way they offer them and thats why its not working for ya. If you think i'm mistaken they have a number you can call and check

on the fourth drop down box it has an option for high mount. I did send them an email last night, just waiting for a response now.

my guess is it may be the 2" drop that is causing some of the issue...i've got a full HMF high mount system and it is hard enough to get them lined up using all of the room at stock height...lowering the bike just makes it worse!

I htink i am going to raise it back up and try it again this weekend. HMF did confirm they make a slip on. I just dont know about keeping it stock height just to run that exhaust, since I am kinda short. :banghead:

on the fourth drop down box it has an option for high mount. I did send them an email last night, just waiting for a response now.
Ok good deal, I stand corrected didn't know that they made a high mount slip on even after looking on thier site. My apologies:please:

They In fact have discountinued the dual high mount full exhaust, I was sent a dealer note that they will only be offering the slip on high mounts for the gen 1 99-07.

Back