Hmf full now on - thank god

Bug

Registered
Well, finished the install and as I had a thread in the Tech Forum discuss my pains with this, HMF had sent me the wrong plate for the rear rt peg - It is on now and all is good - I am a bit worried that the tight fit in a few spots where I had to use the "Heat Shield Tape" may not hold up - We'll see - Mapped the PC3 too with what seemed to be the best map from about 4 I tried - Any one have any suggestions as far as mapps are concerned

A couplah pics of the bike and the Can

pics2ar.jpg

How close to the the left side of the swingarm and both pegs are you? It looks good though.

How close to the the left side of the swingarm and both pegs are you? It looks good though.
Spaced it out on the Swingarm by about an inch or so and the pegs are both fine - I am just worried that the Heat Shield Tape will not stand up and my farings will melt a bit

<!--EDIT|Bug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150073071 -->

Spaced it out on the Swingarm by about an inch or so and the pegs are both fine - I am just worried that the Heat Shield Tape will not stand up and my farings will melt a bit
Biggest place to watch on the fairings is down low right around the vent holes.. Where did you put the tape? Any chance that you have pics of the install in progress?

At any rate, great looking scoot! Awesome.

Biggest place to watch on the fairings is down low right around the vent holes.. Where did you put the tape?  Any chance that you have pics of the install in progress?

At any rate, great looking scoot!  Awesome.
On the right faring where the header begins the bend to the connector and at the end of the connector where it meets the mid pipe - it is the one spot on the bottom of the header that worries me
Anyone have any good map ideas as to what I should be running?

Biggest place to watch on the fairings is down low right around the vent holes.. Where did you put the tape?  Any chance that you have pics of the install in progress?

On the right faring where the header begins the bend to the connector and at the end of the connector where it meets the mid pipe - it is the one spot on the bottom of the header that worries me
Yep. That area on the lower fairing could be trouble.. gotta keep an eye on it. If it starts to cook, it will shrivel a little, look sort of thin like when you burn styrofoam. Just keep checking there. Also, you may want to remove your lower regularly, so that if there is contact, you might be able to catch it before it becomes too much of a problem.

I know Nitrous Junkie had some HMFs, he might be able to recommend a decent map. A few people on the board have them ---

No worries Shawn.
May be bikeless, but I'm the same person as before.
PM replied Bug. Waiting on the email addy.

Biggest place to watch on the fairings is down low right around the vent holes.. Where did you put the tape? Any chance that you have pics of the install in progress?

At any rate, great looking scoot! Awesome.
What mods do you have?

Hey Bug,
I am interested in how you mounted your tag with that system. That is the next major mod for Guinevere and I have been looking at ways to use the stock tag bracket and the brackets from the rear reflectors.

Don

What mods do you have?
Just the Full, Pair Valve and the PC3

USN - I just chopped the rear off with a dremmel and have the stock plate holder on - Need to buy shoprt stalks and run them off the back somewhere

Thanks all and I will keep an eye on the farings

Bug, would you be so kind as to post up a pic of exactly how you have that bracket attached. Not trying to hijack your thread, just working on a problem.

TIA

Don

Back