HMF dual highs

I had a lot of problems with my system also. I ordered the Dual High Mount System with Candy Blue cans. When I opened the box I found several places on the pipes dented of dinged. So I had to try to straighten them so they would slip in and fit together. Then the cans had several places that were scratched. Then I could not reach them by email, tried 3 times with no response. I finally reached them by phone and they seemed to be less than interested in solving this. They said it must have been packed wrong. So they said to send the cans back and they would replace the outer lining. I asked if they could just sent me a new pair of cans and I would sent these back and they said no way. I told them I had already been without my bike for a week since I put it up on the stands and took the factory pipes off so I would be ready for the new exhaust. I was told I would have the system in 2 weeks so I started early. However, it took 3 1/2 weeks to receive the system. So I told them thanks for nothing and installed the system anyway. I like the sound, performance and the looks (if you don't look to close). But there quality and customer service sucks in a big way. Thanks for letting me vent for what it's worth.

David Smith

mad.gif
mad.gif

argue.gif

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121917995 -->

mad.gif

This is exactly why I went with the Yosh Tri_oval dual tip system. I isntalled this exhaust in less than 3 hrs no clearacne problems and the quality was outstanding. here are some pics.

DSC01214.JPG

I had a lot of problems with my system also. I ordered the Dual High Mount System with Candy Blue cans. When I opened the box I found several places on the pipes dented of dinged. So I had to try to straighten them so they would slip in and fit together. Then the cans had several places that were scratched. Then I could not reach them by email, tried 3 times with no response. I finally reached them by phone and they seemed to be less than interested in solving this. They said it must have been packed wrong. So they said to send the cans back and they would replace the outer lining. I asked if they could just sent me a new pair of cans and I would sent these back and they said no way. I told them I had already been without my bike for a week since I put it up on the stands and took the factory pipes off so I would be ready for the new exhaust. I was told I would have the system in 2 weeks so I started early. However, it took 3 1/2 weeks to receive the system. So I told them thanks for nothing and installed the system anyway. I like the sound, performance and the looks (if you don't look to close). But there quality and customer service sucks in a big way. Thanks for letting me vent for what it's worth.

David Smith

mad.gif
mad.gif

argue.gif
Sounds like a common theme for them. They better be carefull or customers will start overlooking the looks and HP gain and do something else. No one wants to get stuck when they need help and have the manufacturer shrug their sholders and say, oh well!
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

Sorry one more thing. Compare that to newenough.com's customer service, you have a problem, it's fixed, period.
wink.gif

They get alot of business this way and I have refered any to them because I know they will be treated right.

Here's a money shot, as if you havent seen them before! LOL!
NJ,
This worked when I did it to pipefighter248 so now it is your turn.
(insert jedi mind trick here)
You will give me your CF cans with the custom tips.
smile.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Laughing is not the response I had hoped for.
sad.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
this is not good news....I have HMF as my only full dual low mount option.
hearing about less than enthusiastic customer service and poor fitment quality is not good.
mad.gif

anyone had "better" luck with the low mounts?

Well.....

Now I'm even MORE un-impressed with this setup. I don't care how GOOD it looks or sounds, it doesn't fit at all.

Now the right side header pipe is touching my plastics and melting (warping) them. YES I did INSTALL the head shields (for what that's worth
mad.gif
)

Now I'm wishing I did get the yoshi tri-oval full system instead.

THe pipes will melt anything it actually touches. As long as there is some air space between the plastics and the pipe, the heat shielding will work. Mine is as close as 1/16 of an inch away in one spot and has not melted anything. The belly wing did melt a touch underneath where it was touching so I took out the heat gun, man that plastic is strong, and melted the little ridge down flat. Now it fits perfect and nobody knows any different.
wink.gif

All I can say is thank god I went Akrapovic Evolution. $950 for a pipe that melts your plastic is simply rediculous. This is just my opinion so don't get your "HMF OR DEATH" panties in a wad over it.
biggrin.gif

All I can say is thank god I went Akrapovic Evolution. $950 for a pipe that melts your plastic is simply rediculous. This is just my opinion so don't get your "HMF OR DEATH" panties in a wad over it.
biggrin.gif
If its properly installed, it will NOT melt plastics, there are 4 other busas here with HMF's,theirs are not wrapped either and no melting so far,Mine is the only one with wrapped headers.Easy there guy,the akrapovic is a nice system, but not necassarily a better one.If someone chooses HMF, has it or installs themselves and does it right, there will be no problems.If a product I try sucks,then I'll say it,personally, I've no complaints with their product or their service.They helped me tremedously when I did the install,they answered every call,every email and did alot of researching for me ref. the o2 sensor on my bike.They made a recommendation on a map as well.Not once were they rude or unhelpful.NJ.

loboboy-i'm thinking about yoshi system also-is there any reason why you picked dual tip over other choices-do you have power commander or just have it remapped? also what is clearacne-sounds like the good kind-

This is exactly why I went with the Yosh Tri_oval dual tip system. I isntalled this exhaust in less than 3 hrs no clearacne problems and the quality was outstanding. here are some pics.
UmmmmmmHmmmmmm, gotta love that Tri-Oval Dual Tip...

post_11_71152_pic1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks NitrousJunkie, for posting the pictures for me. If I have been to harsh with HMF I am sorry. Now that I have them installed they are just fine. I think my biggest gripe was all the ding's and scratches when I opened the box they came in. I think the damage was done during shipping. However, I cannot blame UPS since the box was not damaged in any way. Things were just not packed well inside. I sent 3 emails and got no response from HMF. And it took several calls to finally speak to someone. They said they would gladly repair the scratched cans but I had to sent them back to be repaired and wait another 2 weeks with out my bike or put the stock system back on while I waited. I asked if they could send another set of cans and I would sent these back after changing them out but they said no way. This would have been to much trouble to keep changing back and forth so I installed it as is. Most all of the damage is hidden by body work so it is not that much of a problem. It just bothers me to pay so much for something and not be satisfied completly. And as for melting plastic I have had no problem so far. I used what they sent in the places indicated and it seems to be OK.
argue.gif

Thanks NitrousJunkie, for posting the pictures for me. If I have been to harsh with HMF I am sorry. Now that I have them installed they are just fine. I think my biggest gripe was all the ding's and scratches when I opened the box they came in. I think the damage was done during shipping. However, I cannot blame UPS since the box was not damaged in any way. Things were just not packed well inside. I sent 3 emails and got no response from HMF. And it took several calls to finally speak to someone. They said they would gladly repair the scratched cans but I had to sent them back to be repaired and wait another 2 weeks with out my bike or put the stock system back on while I waited. I asked if they could send another set of cans and I would sent these back after changing them out but they said no way. This would have been to much trouble to keep changing back and forth so I installed it as is. Most all of the damage is hidden by body work so it is not that much of a problem. It just bothers me to pay so much for something and not be satisfied completly. And as for melting plastic I have had no problem so far. I used what they sent in the places indicated and it seems to be OK.
argue.gif
Hey man, if it were me, I would keep bothering them till they made me happy, You have to get what you paid for,fair is fair and if they were damaged, then you deserve to be treated right and get what you paid for and what had been represented. NJ.

biggrin.gif
If its properly installed, it will NOT melt plastics, there are 4 other busas here with HMF's,theirs are not wrapped either and no melting   so far,Mine is the only one with wrapped headers.Easy there guy,the akrapovic is a nice system, but not necassarily a better one.If someone chooses HMF, has it or installs themselves and does it right, there will be no problems.If a product I try sucks,then I'll say it,personally, I've no complaints with their product or their service.They helped me tremedously when I did the install,they answered every call,every email and did alot of researching for me ref. the o2 sensor on my bike.They made a recommendation on a map as well.Not once were they rude or unhelpful.NJ.
NJ, like I said just my opinion. I don't believe there should be even one case of melted plastics though. I remember reading of at least 5 cases of melted plastics on this board alone, and that doesn't even touch on the others who have had swingarm clearence issues. That "to me" says crappy product or maybe really well supported crappy product.

Back