HMF Dual full system

pimpin420

Registered
I've been lookin alot at these, and had some questions regarding temperature. I like the look of the high mount, but I take my wife with me often. How much heat do those things put off compared to the stock or low mount? Any input would be appreciated.

My HMF are carbon and when they where up high, I could grab them by hand. No heat issues with them.
smile.gif

I received but have yet to install the low-mount HMF duals with elliptical polished aluminum cans. The quality looks excellent.

I got the low-mounts because:

- luggage issues
- turn signal issues
- I like the look of the low-mounts, to me the high-mounts look like an afterthought

Blue1

I have the dual high mounts and we ride almost exclusively two-up, with no heat issues. I have the cans mounted in as tight as possible and they don't radiate any noticeable heat.

I have the high mount in carbon fiber. Doesn't get hot. My bike is not configured for 2 up so that is not an issue. I can come down off a high speed run and lay my hands on the cans w/no problem.

Don

Thanks for the info guys!!! Very helpful in my decision making. Still not sure what direction im going yet, but atleast this is one less thing I need to try and factor in.

Ive got the high mount and the cans dont really get to hot. After riding for a few hrs i can still touch em... I couldnt make up my mind when i got em but i am glad i got the high rise they look sweet!
beerchug.gif

Probably gonna go with the polished. Although I like the way yours looks....decisions, decisions, decisions!!!! Lol

I have the high, 2 up is no issue. I have the CF can's and can put my hands on the cans after riding hard. heat is a null issue. plus look, sound and power are all great...

Pic is old, but have rearsets and some other stuff now. but same look for the most part.

STEVEN_001a.jpg

FWIW all carbon cans don't heat up. If you go high mount and non carbon, be careful, they will be HOT.

I have the aluminum, and they get warmer than the CF, but not burning hot, as I said heatis no issue. You might PM Semi...he has the polished high mounts. I wouldn't think, since the construction is the same, that there would be a big difference in heat dissipation.

i just went riding for 3 hrs and when i got back i touched my exhaust and it wasnt even that hot. Your not going to have a problem with heat at all.....
beerchug.gif

Back