HMF Big Bird exhaust...installed.

apehog

Registered
After 2 1/2 years of owning this gen II busa, I finally got around to putting an after market exhaust on it. I chose an HMF big bird after much research..the advertised power numbers were impressive, I won't know for sure until after I get Johnny Cheese to flash and dyno tune it.

I can say that it has a great sound..deep and throaty, but not too loud. Because of the O2 bung that it came with, all I had to do was thread in the O2 sensor and it's street ridable. There's no popping on decel and losing the massive weight of the stock system made the install more than worth it.

BTW, I ordered this pipe thru Pashnit but it was built and shipped directly from the factory in Ohio. Frankly, there were problems and delays tho none of this was Tim's doing. I believe HMF is a small company and the main thing that I want to say is that when all was said and done, the company did right by me and made sure I was satisfied with their product.

I went out on a limb and ordered an orange carbon fiber can..I have mixed feeling about the look and could exchange it if I want to....I'll have to see about that. Here's some pics..

Picture 038.jpg

Picture 039.jpg

Picture 040.jpg

Nice exhaust! I would change out the can. The color does not work with the bike.

It looks great on your bike but the orange carbon can doesn't blend well with your busa.

Single exhaust is the best! Congrats, and just bite the bullet and swith the can for a black carbon fiber.

Black carbon can:thumbsup: I had bought their dual set up for my 06 busa and loved it, was a PITA to put on and get adjusted right for both sides but made good power for a genI

Love the look and sound of the big bird. That can doesn't do it for me...sorry!

sent from Bama using tapatalk

like the style of the can but it needs to be black. id probably go with a gloss black. i know thier off road can offfers a gloss black aluminum unit that looks great. would blend in well with your wheel and rear plastics. carbon will look good as well. i l ove the style though. id love to hear it.

I'm hearing you guys on changing the can..going to black c/f or polished alum..

PLEASE let me know what kind of #'s you make with this pipe.. been wanting a big bird since before i got my k8! i hear they make one of the best hp/tq #'s.

Looks great on the bike. I like the location of the end of it. Looks aggressive. I would change the can only because it looks more brown than orange next to the brighter shade. Great choice and I look forward to seeing what she cranks out on the dyno.

I sent the orange c/f back for a black c/f..thx to all for the feedback.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back