HJC RPHA 11 vs Shoei RF-1200 - Thoughts?

AdrianVall

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm having a hard time deciding between the HJC rpha 11 and Shoei RF-1200. I keep hearing the ventilation is superior on the HJC and that is extremely important to me. Living in south Florida and riding with a full face can be absolutely awful at times. I need a helmet that flows as much air as possible, otherwise I won't wear it. On the flip side of things, I've yet to read a negative review on the Shoei rf-1200.

What are your thoughts? I have narrowed it down to these two and am heavily leaning towards the HJC but I figured I'd ask before I make my final decision.

Thanks guys!!
Adrian

Like Six said, fit is important...I think these two are good choices and would be a challenge to separate the two. It might even come down too which one fits your budget better...

They are both very similar. I had an HJC RHPA 11 and moved to a 70 ST for the drop down visor. The 11 was a great helmet and the new ones are even better...

The only complaint I have is the visor lock, if you have the visor in a slightly open position, it gets in your vision.

Always Shoei for me. You know, if you want a great hot weather helmet try the Shoei Neotech. Touring riders have learned that a modular is necessary on those hot road trips. I was all RF1200 ut the Neotech has really awaken me to comfort.

Like Six said, fit is important...I think these two are good choices and would be a challenge to separate the two. It might even come down too which one fits your budget better...

They are both very similar. I had an HJC RHPA 11 and moved to a 70 ST for the drop down visor. The 11 was a great helmet and the new ones are even better...

The only complaint I have is the visor lock, if you have the visor in a slightly open position, it gets in your vision.
Hi. Did you check out the Shoei X14 or the Simpson carbon fiber Ghost Bandit?

Shoei did not fit me well at all. The HJC was pretty tight but fit well. I tried on an Icon Airflite and it felt VERY good but a little bulky.

Still doing some research but I think it is now between the HJC rpha 11 or Icon Airflite/Airmada.

Helmets will loosen up/break in some, but you don't want uncomfortably tight, or worse, loose.
If Shoei doesn't fit right, it's Your head! lol, seriously. If it's too tight in the forehead and temples, you should try a Bell.
If the Shoei is too egg shape for your head, you should try an Arai, they fit round heads.
Different high quality helmet brands are unique to the fact that each brand tends to cater to a particular head shape. It's not just looks and colors.
If you haven't bought from Revzilla, give them a try. I'm lazy, and love buying gear from them. Buy it, try it, don't like it?
No problem, they'll email you a return label, and send you something else, or a refund, no questions asked, and they ship fast.
You can keep trying until you get the perfect fit for You.
Good luck, you'll know the right one as soon as you put it on. If you have any doubts, that's not it.

Like others are saying fit and comfort are your number 1 concern I don t have a Shoe RF 1200 to compare but I do have a HJC RPHA-11 it fits nice on my medium size noggin and is very comfortable and light I find the air intakes on it good but not outstanding :thumbsup:

I purchased the HJC this fall and I really like it.

Pros
Light
Excellent ventilation
Well built
Secure locking mechanism on shield
Way better than my old Scorpion

Cons
Loud
Tight on the ears, especially with Sena speakers installed. Hard to put on without your ears folding down. If you like to use earbuds, forget about it.
Pinlock insert that comes with it needed to be trimmed around the latch to fit flush and seal.

Back