HJC Carbon Fiber

hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
Looking at buying a HJC FS 15 carbon helmet. Snell 2010 is around $400 snell 2005 is 250 to 300. Is the 2010 rating that much better? Are they maybe the same helmet. Anybody have one? What do you think about it? Got an arai quantum f now so it might be a step down.

The one helmet is six years old also. Not bad pricing they had one on display around hear for $600.00 Great looking helmet.

Ive.got the FS15, had the first gen carbon too. my buddy has an Arai something or.other, the monster energy one, its a step up from my FS15 sure, not to say,the 15 is a bad helmet.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Stay away from carbon fiber helmets. Will do more harm in the event of a crash. Thats why most manufactors no longer make the carbon helmets.

I love mine. Great helmet!! Voted webbikeworld . com best helmet of 08 I think.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stay away from carbon fiber helmets. Will do more harm in the event of a crash. Thats why most manufactors no longer make the carbon helmets.

The HJC Carbon helmet is only the outer shell, not the complete helmet. Complete carbon helmets are much more expensive than a few hundred dollars.

Looking at buying a HJC FS 15 carbon helmet. Snell 2010 is around $400 snell 2005 is 250 to 300. Is the 2010 rating that much better? Are they maybe the same helmet. Anybody have one? What do you think about it? Got an arai quantum f now so it might be a step down.

I could do a new FS-15 Carbon Fiber for $304.99....

I read somewhere that an old helmet still looses its comfort and performance with time, even if never been use, maybe someone else will know if is true for sure.

I tried both the carbon and the fiberglass/Spectra composite versions of the FS-15 and didn't feel enough weight difference to spend the extra coin on carbon. You can find excellent deals on the plain Jane version, about $100 to $130 depending on the graphics you choose. Both are very nice helmets.

Thanks for all the input. Honda East Justin do you have Red 2xl

The Red Carbon 2XL is a little more than the standard black....

HJC FS-15 Colored Carbon Red 2XL
$319.99

I am showing 1 left in stock, so if you'd like to order it, do it fast.

Yes I do take paypal, you can PM me through here all of your info for shipping and I can give you a quote with shipping.

Thanks!

Hey Kevin....dang you do remember how to post on the forums huh :poke: Sounds like a good deal on the lid, hope you guys have a blast at the bash :beerchug:

Yea Brian Most of the time I just read there are alot of experts here that have all the answers. So I take it you arent going to be at the dragon this year. You will be missed. Sounds like several of the usual guys wont be there. I wish the bash would get backed up by a month. This will be the last one I go to for a while. I got to much going on in the month of April.

I will be searching out another HJC Carbon soon as well. Mine is M2005 and wont be allowed in many Tech'd events after this year.

I have the Carbon Vader right now and like it.

This is a photo of my helmet. I've had it for about a year now. I still like it. I did put a black sticker over the HJC logo. Not to hide HJC, but because I don't like the white sticking out on the helmet.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Back