hit the limiter today-what can i do?

onetimedownbusa

Registered
i was out for my mothers day ride with a friend with a hooked up 93 gsxr 1100 with juice to among other things see who could get across a local bridge the gandy. anyways i quickly hit the limiter which isnt that unusual but what was is the 1100 was right next to me and then he sprayed and bye bye busa. my speedo is 180 and i went for a bit after it pinned before no more go. my buddy has gps'ed himself around 220 (i cant remember) without nos or turbo i need to smack him hard on a rematch. tre will help with the limiter issue but will it get me to 220? i ride the limiter probably half a dozen times this week and im pretty comfortable with the speed i just dont want to repeat today next weekend on our ride! hopefully ill get the map i need this week and ive already got hmf dual hm exhaust. i need more power and speed asap, what are my options without internals, nos and turbo?are there any?

i dont know if i wrote what i meant. the 1100 is using nos to get to that speed. i want to get into the 220mph area without nos or turbo. can it be done with bolt ons or do i need to suck on the bottle
40__s.gif

Stock Busa, to 220MPH? Simple, just push it outta the back of a plane at about 10K feet. Assuming it falls nose down 220 should be possible.

OK, sorry... otherwise 220 on a stock Busa just isn't happening. NOS would be the quick and easy answer, but write me in your Will first, cool? On the limiter 6 times this week huh? Sounds like your pushing the envelope a little too hard, keep it up you won't last long... Even on Gandy, either you or the bike is going to come apart.

Take it abit easier....stock speedo lies...GPS is Good....you need at least 200 rear wheel hp's to get to 200 mph's-----------plus a minor gearing change....Talk to N.E. he will set you straight..He's the MAN !!!!!!!!
rock.gif

i was out for my mothers day ride with a friend with a hooked up 93 gsxr 1100 with juice to among other things see who could get across a local bridge the gandy.  anyways i quickly hit the limiter which isnt that unusual but what was is the 1100 was right next to me and then he sprayed and bye bye busa.  my speedo is 180 and i went for a bit after it pinned before no more go.  my buddy has gps'ed himself around 220 (i cant remember) without nos or turbo i need to smack him hard on a rematch.  tre will help with the limiter issue but will it get me to 220? i ride the limiter probably half a dozen times this week and im pretty comfortable with the speed i just dont want to repeat today next weekend on our ride!  hopefully ill get the map i need this week and ive already got hmf dual hm exhaust. i need more power and speed asap, what are my options without internals, nos and turbo?are there any?
and this was stock gearing?
rock.gif
?

And I can all but guarantee, a 93 1100 even with a big stroker and on the bottle (which you say he hasn't got) ain't gonna see 220.
I think he's yankin yer chain hard....real hard!!!

ok first of all i said the 1100 is using the juice to get there and i have some other info on his bike now. he dynoed 216 hp and im not sure if its with nos or not. hes running a 50 shot. as far as my bike it has been a popular discussion among my bros that my baby may be big bore since the guy i got it from was selling it because it was too quick for him and then he told me that he got it from his friend who owns a bike shop in south fl and stripped it back to stock to sell it but he had no more info. id like to ride with another big bore or maybe ill just dyno but i seem to be a bit lazy. i can hit 180 on the speedo very easy and it doesnt let you know the speed at all like the 954 my bro has when acceleration slows. nothing like that on the busa so big bore ?ill be getting the juice in a week or two and in the meantime ill be going to desoto next week so if any tampa people want to roll hit me up.

216 hp on that 1100 prolly won't roll it to 220 mph

#1 not enough power
#2 aero's are near as good as the busa

biggrin.gif
ok heres a question for you guys. in first or second gear can you crack the thottle an get the back tire to spin? im dropped but not stretched an usually can spin the rear pretty good when i hit it real hard.

i can if i lean foward a bit and really wack it. i weigh 190.bike is all stock.first gear easy not so easy in 2nd

Trollin trollin trollin. Set the hook man you got a bunch of bites on that one. On the limiter 6 times a week. Like a fat turkeys ass.
Hey JohnnyCheese can you make my busa do that?

ok i can see why youd doubt. honestly my wife gave birth to my son 2 weeks ago so i havent been riding near as much but today i rode out a whole tank and can easily think of 4 times i pinned it today alone. so trollin or not i dont stay there long i just crack it to the pin and usually slow down immediately:10:

Back