History - Some Emotional Sap Posts Something Like This Every So Often...

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
oRg'sters,
Good evening (here in Saudi Arabia). Just thought I would share some stuff with you... over the last couple of days, I have been looking through some old stuff in the forums. By old stuff, I mean 2002 and 2003, ... Not as far back as the board goes, but just jogging my memory. I joined the oRg in 2003, while I was overseas in Japan. I was doing some mods to my scoot and saw a pic on the internet of some painted inner fairings and thought they were awesome. Well, I had some issues with them and when I was searching for help, I came across the oRg. I remember that one of my first threads was how I would never do a mod without consulting the oRg again...

I remember when I first joined and we had titles like Pilot, Seasoned Pilot, Professional Pilot, Top Gun, Legend... HIDs were relatively new... What's a TRE? was a sincere and significant question...

I remember some of the members who reached out or where welcoming to me when I joined, VABusa, Bullet Train, RSD, cAp, ThrasherFox, SirUKBusa, LoBusa, ICEMANN, Pure_EGO, Revlis, Jester, Thinker, SageRonin, Lamb, Rhythm - and many others.

The first member that I was aware of that passed in a motorcycle accident was a woman named Flying Swan - it came as such a surprise to everyone... I only interacted with her a couple of times on the board, but it was clear from all that had met her, she was something special. Even more unfortunately, she wasn't the last, we have lost several members - and I don't want to list them for fear of forgetful disrespect.

I attended my first meet and greet in 2006 and have been back every year that I have been in the states except once.

I have made lifelong friends on this board and family - we all laugh and joke about how we all met each other on the "internet".

I often wonder why the board didn't suffer the lower levels of activity in the years prior to the Gen II, the way that it has as we now await the ?????? Gen III. I think it is two fold - 1. The explosion that we know as the Good Book - The Book of Face. But 2? I think the B-King kept a lot of people interested in what our friends at Suzuki were up to.

Suzuki had things in the works and we were all excited to see what was around the corner. Now, unfortunately, we see Suzuki being left behind by Kawasaki, Honda, BMW, Yamaha, etc. What is in a very real sense a Cult following, feels frustrated at the perceived lack of progress by our Hayabusa's mother.

When the Gen II's came out, there was a very similar urgency and excitement to when the Gen I was released. Riding modes, smother power delivery, a larger power plant, new shape - yet still plainly distinguishable as a Hayabusa... people were again modding - wheels, brakes, trashcans, etc.

It has been almost as long since the Gen II was released as it had been between the first two generations - with little more than BNG in sight. Some of us have moved one to other machines, some, other bikes - some of us have just added to the stable, bt never really let too much dust gather on our busas.

I have friends here who have shared drinks with me, tools, parts and rides. I have had friends here literally pick me up out of the road after a spill. I have had friends help me move - listen to me when I was in pain and seen me at my (so far) lowest points. They are still here and still my family - even over the 13+ years that I have been here at my webbernet home.

If/when we see something beyond the BNG we have been seeing, this place will light up again with how tos, mod lists, speculation about the next big change/model/Gen/fastest color...

So, to you all - thanks for being here - and to cAp, thanks for giving us a place hang out.

MCM

Nice write up man! The first thing I noticed when I lurked around. Was..
1) There was no dis-respect
2) There was a genuine willingness to educate
3) Community

In a time where self centered ego driven chums are plentiful. I was encouraged and impressed by this forum. Although I have not personally met anyone on here yet. I have already been the recipient of kindness and true generosity. These pages go so much further than even our bikes can carry us. I look forward to catching up with some of you in future times. And look forward to new and exciting ventures on the .ORG

Thanks for the vision and effort put forth Captian! It really has woven itself into our fabric.

P.s. Where can a brotha get a .ORG shirt or some sort of rep. wear?

13013, are you in KC now? There are a couple of members around you... Lots of opportunities to meet people! You will be glad you did!

Yes sir... I've only ran across a couple guys on here that were close. I'm gonna have to get a KC thread goin.

Well written sir. I am sure you are right. When the next gen of Busa ultimately arrives this place will likely swell again.

I couldn't agree with you more Shawn. This place has been a great part of my life. Twice I made the trip from GA to CA to ride with members on the west coast and will remember every one of them.

I just hope my Gen III isn't a Kawasaki or a BMW! I have never owner anything but a Suzuki from my first dirt bike to now!

You been drinking...and reminiscing? :) Good Post Shawn :)

Unlikely that he would be drinking in the Kingdom, unless he has some special Royal Family connections.:oops:

Agree, excellent post. I think most of us are getting older as the years go by and the younger crowds are not so much into Hayabusas. Also, the Busa use to be so far ahead of everything else way back, where today there are many, many choices.

Personally, I miss the good o'l Eureka days, they were the best!!!

Ahhh, so many memories, and stories, lies and tales told here. The laughs, the friends, such a huge part of my life since 2003. We have lost some great friends, but knowing them changed me forever.

Happy to say some of my closest friends are strays from the oRg, that we've seen each other at our best and worst, and continue to actively be involved in each other's lives to this day. My family here have become a part of my sons' lives too, and that means so much to me. They know many of you and love the time spent around the gang.

Also thrilled to still have the same Busa I bought after finding my home here. Caesar has been loved, and over-loved, by many here over the years. You know who you are.......

This has been quite a ride, in every way.

Back