Hissing Noise. Please Help

Laonardo48

Registered
I have a 2006 Hayabusa that has 11k on it. The problem Im having is that everytime I hit the throttle I hear a hissing noise from somewhere in the front of the bike. When I let the throttle go the noise stops. What could be the problem

When you open the throttle the engine sucks in more air, creating stronger vacuum than during idle. If there is a loose vacuum hose anywhere, you hear a sound. There aren't too many vacuum hoses. Lift the tank and inspect all small hoses. Actually, lift the tank, support with a prop, and start the engine. See where the sound comes from - maybe you will get an idea. Also, the bottom of the air box has a vacuum hose to control the opening of the air box passage. So, check that, too. Did you do any maintenance recently?

Another crazy possibility: the exhaust leak in the headers area. Unless you just installed a new exhaust system, pretty unlikely.

Is is a hissing or whistle? I seem to remember a post a while back about a whistle. Let me look.

I havent had any maintenance done in a while, but it is a hissing sound. I will check hoses and get back to everyone with results. Thx

Back