His and hers "toys"

lil charlie

Registered
So I've started carrying a weapon again after bring mugged by some homeless guys and I decided that the Springfield Arms XD sub compact .40 I bought off my buddy is just too large and too heavy for a conceal carry. I know, I know.... Some of you told me that but I got it at a smoking price so it was worth it. I told my wife I wanted a small light weight revolver and she freaked out on me saying I didn't need another gun.; she's never liked them.

I broke down and confessed that I had been mugged and told her I needed one for protection and the SA was not the best choice for what I wanted it to do. It took her all of 45 seconds to tell me to find the next gun store and buy two. One for me and one for her. Now I get to teach her how to shoot!!!! I had to agree to order her some pink grips for it though, lol.

I wanted a revolver because I'm not the guy who goes to the range all the time and I'm old school. I don't leave my semi autos with a round in the chamber. My father taught me to **** it as I draw it but if you don't practice that kind of stuff you forget in a panic situation and I don't want to have to worry about weather I had a round in the chamber and do I have time to **** it when I need it.... Especially for my wife. This is why I wanted dummy proof light weight revolvers; a simple reliable point and shoot weapon.

I knew I wanted a .38 special and I knew I wanted it to be smith and Wesson. Thanks to some help from Bots I started looking at the model 642 with an internal hammer (nothing to get snagged when drawing it from a pocket or purse). It's a light weight model and snub nosed.

I bought the aluminum one for me, a model 642. And the black one for my wife, a model 442. The only thing that makes them different is the color and mine has an internal lock. You can stick a key in it and lock the trigger/cylinder so its not usable. It's not a safety, just a lock that I don't ever see myself using. To unlock it you need to get the key.

image-757778336.jpg

Cool guns.
Carry with one in the chamber because YOU WILL forget.
Revolver for her is an excellent idea.

Now back up and tell me about the mugging?

Situational awareness?

What happened? If they got the drop on you than a gun or any gun would not have helped? No?
Lucy ju got sum splainin' to do.

Mugging was my own fault. I got complacent in a bad area of town and let my guard down. The gun would still have helped. They weren't overly aggressive and actually said sorry, only doing it for food. I saw it going down right at the last second and the first thought that came in my kind was... How the f did I put myself in this situation... I've taught security before I did everything wrong... Except comply and hand my cash over. They would have been shown the business end of my pistol had I had it with me.

The revolver will be fully loaded at a times so it can be a simple point and shoot gun. I'm more excited that the wife wanted one too!

:laugh: I carry something that light weight, and I always have one in the pipe. Trigger finger discipline my friend. Great point, the best protection is to stay out of trouble.

He just doesn't want to leave shell casings behind :whistle:

:laugh: I carry something that light weight, and I always have one in the pipe. Trigger finger discipline my friend. Great point, the best protection is to stay out of trouble.

He just doesn't want to leave shell casings behind :whistle:

My trigger finger is my safety. I just don't practice enough so I wanted dummy proof. Not leaving casing behind with fingerprints is just a plus, lol.

Have to agree with saiid. A gun not kept in battery is a dangerous situation. Very few people have disciple to chamber a gun under stress and there's no guarantee you'll have both hands at ready.

Have to agree with saiid. A gun not kept in battery is a dangerous situation. Very few people have disciple to chamber a gun under stress and there's no guarantee you'll have both hands at ready.

That my friend is why I switched to a revolver.... I don't want to worry about that. I just want to point, squeeze, and drop a fool.

My trigger finger is my safety. I just don't practice enough so I wanted dummy proof. Not leaving casing behind with fingerprints is just a plus, lol.
Understand my weapons ( handguns ) have no actual safety even though the manufacture claims three :laugh: Trigger Finger Discipline is leaving your finger outside the trigger guard until your muzzle is on target and you are absolutely ready to destroy something.

You can get a semi-auto up with one hand

Sweet...did you consider the Ruger LCR in 357? You could chamber the 38 or 357. Just curious what drove your decision to buy this particular pair?

ruger-lcr-357-5450.jpg

Train, train, train train!!! The gun is great, but training will make you know how to get the most out of it:thumbsup:

Ps- You can still mail me the Xd, totally legal here in NY:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Very nice looking pair of guns you have there. I actually prefer those type of pistols, love the hammerless revovler. No muss no fuss strictly business. A wise choice my friend, most people after being in a situation like that want to run out and get a AR-15 with night optics laser sights and a hundred round drum :banghead:

Sweet...did you consider the Ruger LCR in 357? You could chamber the 38 or 357. Just curious what drove your decision to buy this particular pair?

I did but it came down to trusting the weapon and the price. First of all I don't like the look of the LCR as much.. Just the little details like the cylinder. #2 is trust. I use to have a P89 and that was the biggest piece of junk gun I've ever owned. It kept jamming on the feed side. 2 clips full of jacketed rounds was enough to dirty it to the point of feed jambs. I even polished a lot of the parts to make it better. Ever since then I've had trust issues with Ruger. My buddy had the same model as me and he still had jambs but nothing like I was having. Price was the last reason. I snagged these for $375 each which was about $80 less than what smith and Wesson list as suggested retail on there website. The LCR was $200 more each gun. I could have had 3 S&W for the price of 2 LCR.

:thumbsup:

Matt, I have no idea what you are talking about! hehehehe

Sent from iPhone using Forum Runner

Train, train, train train!!! The gun is great, but training will make you know how to get the most out of it:thumbsup:

Ps- You can still mail me the Xd, totally legal here in NY:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I used to go every week to the combat range and I had my own reloading equipment. The I got in my motorcycle wreck and sold it all off (kept on Glock for protection). I'm too broken for the combat training and haven't hit the range is 5 years. I told my wife we need to go at least once every 6 weeks or so so she can continue to stay comfortable with the gun. The last thing I want to do is teach her how to use it then never take her to practice. I'm okay, my dad was LE and had been taking me to shoot since I was 8. I get back to the range after a long lapse and within a few mins I'm right back to all my old habits. But my wife has never shot a weapon.... Ever. That's why I got all excited yesterday when she said buy 2. I hope she gets addicted. That would mean I get to go shoot more an can buy more toys... Call them her guns and shoot them all I want!

Ps... Not sending you the XD :moon:

Back