Hindle Exhaust/Oil Coolant lines

Danny

Registered
Has anyone had a problem with the hindle exhaust header touching the oil coolant lines and causing any problem?

I had teh same one there is a 8-9 page post around here somewhere. you will also have to rotate the mid pipe toe keep it off the wing.

hmm... Is it a problem with only the Hindel... or with all full exhaust systems
rock.gif

If your oil line touches a header tube, you can bend the oil line away from the header pipe by hand (carefully but firmly). I bent mine ever-so-slightly and got about 1/32" clearance which is sufficient.

I had to bend mine ever so lightly and you won't get a whole lot of clearance, but I have had it running and seen no points of contact. So far so good.
smile.gif

You know I really don't understand this guys. When I purchased my full Micron exhaust, it came with a half-inch spacer for the oil cooler line to keep the header from touching the line. I figure all the engineering that goes into these exhausts for the perfect fit, and the cost associated with them, that there would at least be something to remedy this problem.

Now I know someone is gonna say... "Well, if you install it correctly, it won't be a problem." My reply to that is... "A full exhaust install is fairly straightforward. There is no rocket-science to it at all. Sure you can move the exhaust a little by rotating the midpipe, but exactly how much clearance will you get?" My point is is that to me Micron was on top of their shiiite when they designed their exhausts for the Busa. The spacer is made of half-inch aluminum stock and is shaped exactly like the diamond-head flange of the oil cooler. It basically looks as though it belongs there.

In closing, I would like to say that Micron is not the most expensive, and doesn't provide the most bang for the buck as far as horsepower is concerned, but their ease of install makes it #1 in my book...
biggrin.gif

You know I really don't understand this guys.  When I purchased my full Micron exhaust, it came with a half-inch spacer for the oil cooler line to keep the header from touching the line.  I figure all the engineering that goes into these exhausts for the perfect fit, and the cost associated with them, that there would at least be something to remedy this problem.  

Now I know someone is gonna say... "Well, if you install it correctly, it won't be a problem."  My reply to that is... "A full exhaust install is fairly straightforward.  There is no rocket-science to it at all.  Sure you can move the exhaust a little by rotating the midpipe, but exactly how much clearance will you get?"  My point is is that to me Micron was on top of their shiiite when they designed their exhausts for the Busa.  The spacer is made of half-inch aluminum stock and is shaped exactly like the diamond-head flange of the oil cooler.  It basically looks as though it belongs there.  

In closing, I would like to say that Micron is not the most expensive, and doesn't provide the most bang for the buck as far as horsepower is concerned, but their ease of install makes it #1 in my book...
biggrin.gif
You know after I finally read what I posted I realize that my comments sound like a commercial...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

You know I really don't understand this guys.  When I purchased my full Micron exhaust, it came with a half-inch spacer for the oil cooler line to keep the header from touching the line.  I figure all the engineering that goes into these exhausts for the perfect fit, and the cost associated with them, that there would at least be something to remedy this problem.  

Now I know someone is gonna say... "Well, if you install it correctly, it won't be a problem."  My reply to that is... "A full exhaust install is fairly straightforward.  There is no rocket-science to it at all.  Sure you can move the exhaust a little by rotating the midpipe, but exactly how much clearance will you get?"  My point is is that to me Micron was on top of their shiiite when they designed their exhausts for the Busa.  The spacer is made of half-inch aluminum stock and is shaped exactly like the diamond-head flange of the oil cooler.  It basically looks as though it belongs there.  

biggrin.gif
You know after I finally read what I posted I realize that my comments sound like a commercial...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
i dont know man id rather have that extra 6-7 hp than a trouble free install

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
You have to remember though the BDE has big tube tappered headers unlike your Micron so its going to be a tighter fit.

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112219671 -->

Back