highway roll on with a CBR1000RR

I own both of these bikes and in a roll from 60 in 4th the Busa should kill the CBR. Try it in 2nd and see what you are up against. lol's. Not that I would condone it, but the real genius of the Busa is a roll on when both of you are riding double. The extra weight kills the 1000's where as the Haybusa barely notices it. Yeeeehaaaw!

i WOULD THINK FROM 2ND OR 3RD...HE'D SPANK HIM WORSE....BUT I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT RACING....

My CBR is putting out 167 hp and my Hayabusa is putting out 159 hp stock. The Hayabusa holds the power longer, with a much better torque spread, which really helps in roll ons. But if you start the roll on with the 1000 at or near it's torque peak and in the middle of the hp. ramp plus it weighs 100 lbs. less than the Busa, you are going to lose. We are not talking about an all out hold it at top speed run. But, a roll on from 60 mph w/both bikes in 2nd gear? My money is on the CBR, GSXR, R1, ZX. These 1000's will hold the advantage in a race like this all the way up to 170 or so with the same size equal riders on board.

For this reason, my Busa will be getting cams, a custom map and an exhaust system once I make up my mind which one I am going to get.

not to pee on your parade, but we do have an extra 300cc's.
all_coholic.gif

The roll on was supposed to be faster, but by time he downshifted and caught up to me, we were only doing 60ish. We also did a 2nd gear rollon, but he just wheelied (I did too, but only a few inches) and I really smoked his ass, so we tried it again in 4th and held it alot longer. I was just happy to beat him, cause I was almost convinced I wouldn't.
I also don't believe the 300cc's is anything when giving up over 150 lbs.

In this case, 300cc doesn't matter much. The 1000's are tuned a bit hotter than the Busa and make up the difference in efficiency and weight. Horsepower per pound is in the 1000's favor. I have done enough roll on's between my CBR, my Hayabusa, my Dad's Hayabusa and our buddy Ray's Hayabusa to know exactly where the Hayabusa is stronger and where it is weaker. You really want to see where the Hayabusa is stronger? Do the run from a dead stop! While the 1000 guy is slipping the clutch, dragging the rear brake and using every ounce of energy to create forward motion and not wheelies, the Busa is gone. That's where the torque and a little extra weight help.
smile.gif

Brisk plugs you say. Bet not many people here even heard of them. I learned of these recently and have them ordered. Should be anyday.

(BA BUSA @ Apr. 24 2007,03:09)
(NightCrawler @ Apr. 23 2007,20:16) Wow! 60 lbs heavier and you also went +1 in the rear ... the damage would have been worse with the stock sprocket.

Nice kill
beerchug.gif
It would have been a CLOSER race with a stock sprocket...he would have beat him by more with a 42 or 43 rear sprocket  
wink.gif
Whoops! My bad.
Hey give me a break! I posted that at 3:00 in the morning dang gummit!
pissed.gif

300cc's does make a difference.more cc's more torque to to carry that 150lbs.kinda like a 4cyl. vs.a 6 cyl.
cc's & cubic inches always takes the "W"
but what do I know I just own & operate a bike/automotive repair.two doors over is bill chambers racing dyno.you forgot rider experience,torque/h.p. band.
Im not busting your balls I have a 06 busa also,
lurk.gif
but pick on someone your own size(cc's)

I beat one of them there Italien super bikes just the other day. Came up beside me at a light and wam! We both hit it hard! By the time I hit 4th gear he was little more than a dot in my mirrors! I smoked him bad!!!

Anyone else had a run in with a Vespa?

(06BUSA @ Apr. 24 2007,15:31) Brisk plugs you say. Bet not many people here even heard of them. I learned of these recently and have them ordered. Should be anyday.
In the Honda, they are supposed to add 2-3 hp and when combined with the ram air box, a total of 6-7hp. Not that bad for a couple of mods that let the motor run more efficiently.

Back