highway roll on with a CBR1000RR

black954

Registered
A few of my buddies own 06' 1000RR's and we had a chance to ride to work this past Saturday. I raced my one buddy from a 60 mph roll-on in 4th and I walked him all the way to 170 indicated by 4 bike lengths.
His bike is an 06 1000RR with a full Ti Arata system, K&N filters, PCIIIusb, pare valve removed, air-tech ram air air box, Brisk spark plugs, and he's 210 lbs.
I have an 06 busa with full Hindle Pro system, pare valve removed, PCIIIr, +1 rear sprocket and I weigh 270 lbs.

its good to be the king
beerchug.gif

I was a little skeptical about racing him since these new 1000's are soooo fast and light, and the fact that i'm 60 lbs heavier and my bike is 100 lbs heavier. But the torque of the mighty busa was what won this battle i'm sure. I guestimate he's got around 160-165 hp and I am pushing 170 hp, but with the weight difference I thought I might not win.

That is what I am talking about put them RR's were they belong in your mirrors. Objects in this mirror appear to be loosing. I am going to get me some of those stickers for mine.

05_busa_2.JPG

Wow! 60 lbs heavier and you also went +1 in the rear ... the damage would have been worse with the stock sprocket.

Nice kill
beerchug.gif

I believe you probably should have been in 2nd at 60 and racing but real good stuff anyways.. Pesky 1000's... Fast but not fast enough...

(NightCrawler @ Apr. 23 2007,20:16) Wow! 60 lbs heavier and you also went +1 in the rear ... the damage would have been worse with the stock sprocket.

Nice kill
beerchug.gif
It would have been a CLOSER race with a stock sprocket...he would have beat him by more with a 42 or 43 rear sprocket  
wink.gif

Just a display of torque. Do it again from 1st or 2nd and see how close it is. Probably will still win, but it will be much closer

Way to represent
super.gif

Objects in this mirror appear to be losing[/Quote]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Good one!

laugh.gif

Back