Highway pegs on aBusa....

Vaggabon1

Registered
We all love our busas but lets be honest, after 500miles, your ass is numb and your knees are cramped!!! I have a 850mi hike back to Wisconsin for the 4th and I want to be comfortable (at least a little), so i bought a taller windscreen and now and am getting ready to fab up my own custom highway pegs. Basically a half cage with foot pegs off the side....

Has anyone done this before? Search showed no results. Eitherway, stay tuned. I hope to be done by the weekend to test ride before the long haul next week!!!

I think these are some kind a pegs, seen it on Killboy last week.
img_7803.jpg

I hear about buell pegs alot. Why are they more comfortable??? I want to stretch my long legs out. Riding superman us fine for a while but kicked out front would do wonders. Fab starts tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

I post pics by Friday. I don't like the street fighter, fairing-less look. Wait and see. Ingenius I say. "" drink up me hearties yo ho" .)
Posted via Mobile Device

does that back faring say "1720"? and no one mentioned it, but that's a cute little turbo you hid down there. distracted everyone with the machining on the frame and pipe.

does that back faring say "1720"? and no one mentioned it, but that's a cute little turbo you hid down there. distracted everyone with the machining on the frame and pipe.

And a pretty trick looking swingarm, and a strap on the front, would be a cool sleeper if it had the fairings on it.

I hear about buell pegs alot. Why are they more comfortable??? I want to stretch my long legs out. Riding superman us fine for a while but kicked out front would do wonders. Fab starts tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buell pegs give you about an extra inch of room between the seat and peg surface. May not seem like much on paper, but the difference is pretty huge in reality. Definitely puts your knees at less of an angle.

Well the prototype is complete!! Rides good and comfy. Painting almost done. I'll have pics shortly. Unvailing at the bikini bike wash today. Let's see if I get boo'ed 8I
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know a whole lot about busa's but I really like this idea, is there room to fit it inside the fairing and just have the peg sticking out? Just curious but I like what you did, would like to do something like that myself really. :thumbsup:

Back