highest rpms during 1st 600

jfksmith

Registered
I have about 600 miles on my bike and just want to know how high you can rev your bike without doing any damage. I know the first 600 is a baby it period. but even if i get around 6k rmps in first it sounds like the bike is going to freaking blow up. maybe its the stock pipes but the sound makes me back off alot. any help would be greatly appreciated... and i realize how high the red line is, but just want opinions on how high you can really go.... thanks...

Read your manual.

0-600 - keep it under 5500rpm
600-1000 - keep it under 8500rpm
1000 on, 10k or bounce off the rev limiter.

Mine always had a nasty resonant vibe around 4500 or so, and I've heard others complain about it. Not a problem. Since you've got the first 600 on it, go ahead and take it up to 8k or so - go easy the first time and make sure you've got plenty of straight road ahead till you get used to what the bike has in store for you up to that point. And don't worry, it's got more above 8k...

Most important thing is to load/unload/load your motor.  You want to be aggressive with that throttle.  Think of the RPM recommendations as a speed limit sign...  Good idea, but really just a suggestion.  The key though is loading up that motor repeatadly early...  Like first 2 miles early.  You don't have to zing it off the limiter but you do need to keep it loaded under acceleration...   Don't ride at a constant speed for any amount of time as well... Oh and don't rev your motor while just sitting in the garage or whatever, keep it loaded...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: "#46"|1089401954 -->

rev is right also make sure you go thru the gears not holding one too long you should be fine.

Back