HIGHEST # OF MILES ON A TURBO BIKE

49,500 on mine and it still does fine. However I'm rebuilding it now. I don't want wait to see how far I can push it (play on words
laugh.gif
). I believe Mileage King on sh.org got to nearly 100,000 with his.
wowold.gif

my 00 has 23K on it, had a turbo since about 5K, used to put a lot more miles on, past 2 or 3 years not many at all, hopefully that changes this summer.

I had put 10k miles on my first turbo setup, took me about 3.5yrs to get that many miles on it. I installed the turbo at 20k miles and melted the motor at 30k.

I've got 5 miles on my new setup.
sadnews.gif

Depends what you consider. I have 69,800 on the base. I have rebuilt the motor once complete, 3 times with upgrades and a long long list each year from the start in 2001. Also 2004 a comlete new (at the time) one of a kind Lime Green pearl Busa. Since then I have been seeing many more.

I had 4200 flawless miles on my 02 turbo busa when I sold it. Anyone over 10,000 miles?
A friend of mine (Andy McClure) has a turbo setup with the ability to push close to 500HP. He doesn't put the bike on the street often anymore, but he has been known to ride it to Daytona, FL from GA. In fact, the bike has about 37,000 miles on it. Yes, 37,000 miles.

You can make anything reliable with a little care, preparation, and the right products.

Oh, the bike runs Super Street in the AMA DragBike series most of the time. There's nothing like a high 7 sec Busa that is rideable on the street.

He is using an Elton Fish (EFR) set-up.

Not to Threadjack
winkold.gif
 But how many miles is too much for a stage 1 Turbo...if the motor is well cared for? my motor has 26000mi on it... Im going for a RCC stage 1, but didnt want to rebuild until the winter ie: JE turbo pistons, Carrilo rods and Headwork.

Not to Threadjack  
winkold.gif
  But how many miles is too much for a stage 1 Turbo...if the motor is well cared for? my motor has 26000mi on it... Im going for a RCC stage 1, but didnt want to rebuild until the winter ie: JE turbo pistons, Carrilo rods and Headwork.
If you're planning to rebuild anyway I would go ahead and freshen the engine.

If the engines in good shape and ben took care of and its a stage1 turbo kit and you don't run the living **** out of it theres no reason you can't put one on a bike with 25-30K miles I say that because if the setup is off you can melt a new one. If you split the engine for the spacer and theres a bunch of miles on it, definatly put rings&bearings, and valve springs, and maybe freshen the clutch at least springs if the plates and disc's look ok

If the engines in good shape and ben took care of and its a stage1 turbo kit and you don't run the living **** out of it theres no reason you can't put one on a bike with 25-30K miles I say that because if the setup is off you can melt a new one. If you split the engine for the spacer and theres a bunch of miles on it, definatly put rings&bearings, and valve springs, and maybe freshen the clutch at least springs if the plates and disc's look ok
or the entire stock engine will die with 13k on it! Ha! It's a risk you take man!

banghead.gif

I believe Gary Evans has well over 20,000 on his, and i have a couple of other customers with over 20,000 with there stage 1's with stock motors.

-

The Turbo bike motor, at least the Busa's are not going to be as trouble free as a small turbo car motor, at least the stage 1's because they do not have the automatic ignition and fuel controls the factory setups in the cars do, you must use the fuel pres gauge to be sure it stays where its suppost to and boost gauge to be sure it dont over boost, even then you have to look at it, the rider is responceable for monitoring these things, the cars do it themselfs, if it overboosts or leans out the computor ECU shuts the motor down or backs timing off, IF your able to keep on top of it theres no reason you cant get big miles

Back