Higher RPM in 5th gear?

8secBusa

Registered
While warming my bike up yesterday, I was on the stand and went though the gears, when I clicked into 5th, the rpm went up by about 400. Is this the factory compensator for high speed ram air?

Should say I help the rpms at 4000 as I went though the gears.

The stock rev limiter (11,200) should be the same for all gears from what I have noticed and read... I never did any stand tests. ECU flashing doesn't have seperate rev limiter settings in the ECU editor ( haven't found it if it does ). I can't imagine what would happen if it came off the stand at that speed....hitting the rev limiter on the stand is a brave one.

While warming my bike up yesterday, I was on the stand and went though the gears, when I clicked into 5th, the rpm went up by about 400. Is this the factory compensator for high speed ram air?

Should say I help the rpms at 4000 as I went though the gears.

Are you sure it wasn't 6th gear? The 6th gear ignition map has 8-10 degrees more advance on the bottom compared to gears 1-5. It's real clear to see when on the stand using the Engine Monitor feature. That's why when using ECU Editor most people like to use the 6th gear ignition maps for a little more down low.

Back