High speed runs...

purdy sweeet BT.....
race.gif
nice to hear that you feelin her out like that.... I have not found to many out of the way straights to open Lilith up like that but I have gotten her to 150.....

hey...did you get a second job as a marketing guru for Kawi...
biggrin.gif
Hahaha... Nah, but they should pay me, huh? It's easy to "sell" somethin' you love as much as I love the 10 though.
wink.gif

Congratulations on the high speed run. I don't have any safe place to speed here
sad.gif
, 120 tops
Why did you ride your busa so little?
I think havin' Matt to ride with now prolly makes the biggest difference in how much I ride the 10 cmpared to how much I rode the busa. He's the bud that bought the ZX6RR. We work at the same place and on the same shift so we both now have someone to ride with. Only problem is that we're both prolly gettin' a little behind on our personal affairs and chores because if we're off and it ain't rainin' we're rollin' out somewhere.
biggrin.gif

That prolly made the biggest difference for me. There have been times when I really needed to do other shid, like clean house, cut grass, etc... but he'd call and want to ride. I'm so happy to have a ridin' partner that I drop my business and head out with him. Before it was easier to be "grown up" and "responsible" and get my stuff done instead of ridin'. It was hard for me to just roll out by myself with the grass in the yard knee high and my house needin' cleaned and all... I now realize that I had my priorities all wrong before though. Ridin' is MUCH more important than the grass or house cleanin'!!!
laugh.gif

I'm happy to here that Kawasaki is doing right by you. The old ZX-9 never let me down either.

However my brand new/used busa has not let me down at all either. I've had it about 1.5 months now andI got it up to 155 last week, playin around, and then I was switftly passed by a guy with a busa with all kinds of bells and whistles. It was fun at any rate.

I have really been pleased though. I am sooooo happy that I didn't jump on a ZX-12 instead.

Cool BT ... glad you're having mad fun on the 10R ... that is very interesting news about no need for the TRE ... now I'm wondering if that also applies to the 12R and maybe the Zuk models for '04 as well ?? Congrats on that 172 indicated ... I'm still stuck at 160 ... I've gotta find a longer straightaway or more 'intestinal fortitude'
smile.gif
Don't do it until it feels right, man. That's the only way I know to put it. I aborted one pass because things just weren't clickin' for me... rolled off at about 130. I've gotta be psyched and things have to really gel for me to roll like that. It's rare that I even think about doin' it. When the demon is screamin' to get out, though, it's just gotta be done!
biggrin.gif

sweet....

Just be careful with those cross-breezes, bro. Remember my experiences with those.
wink.gif
Yeah, I remember that rash bro. I know the risk, I just can't resist the demon. The 10 is truly diabolic, too. Her nick name is El Diablo... Even got a personalized tag comin' along those lines.
biggrin.gif

pretty cool, I haven't been to the 160 mark again but I will try to see if I can top it out some day, it is scary reaching those speeds but the experience is quite exhilerating....haha:laugh:
Just be careful, and like I told Pac... Don't try a top speed run unless everything is just right. A lot of asphalt is bein' covered in a short time at those speeds. A small mistake is magnified into a BIG one when yer rollin' top end. I enjoy the hell outta those runs but I'll abort an attempt in a heartbeat. The only reward is the adrenaline rush... I'm a junkie but not to the point that I'll ignore my gut instinct as to when to do it and when not to...
wink.gif

The max top speed of the 10r is supposed to be in the 186mph range, so why would they bother putting a limiter on it? I just ordered a yellowbox for my R1 so I can get some better accuracy from my speedo. Funny how Train has went to a liter bike and I've been itching for the comfort of a Busa.
I may end up gettin' a speedohealer if it's too bad off when I GPS it... As for comfort on the busa, the 10 is honestly more comfortable for me, especially after all day rides like yesterday. I left the house at around noon and got home at around 8:00 PM ridin' most of that time except for eatin' dinner. Last night my legs were wore out and my forearms were pumped and crampin' from lever workin' and throttle twistin'. Otherwise I was fine. This morning my forearms were slightly sore but my legs and back were fine. That many hours on the busa and my neck/shoulders and lower back would have been sore for a couple days. I was much more fatigued after a few hours on the busa than I was last night.

I know that's prolly hard to believe. I would have had a hard time believin' it myself before I experienced it. It's the truth though...
wink.gif

That is interesting why they would not limit the bike speed.

The bike sounds very fast. Was the bike stable at those speeds?
Yeah, it was very stable. It's not as smooth a ride at those speeds as the busa was but it's not as harry as you'd think. Only "problem" was a side gust of wind on one of the runs that took me a couple feet across the road before I could get leaned into it. You haven't lived until you've leaned for 1/4 mile or so just to stay STRAIGHT at 160+...
wink.gif
BT,, I think I'm moving down to your district
biggrin.gif
interesting info on the TRE, too. hmmmmm who'daa thunk it...
Sure, come on down.
wink.gif

wink.gif

I'm happy to here that Kawasaki is doing right by you. The old ZX-9 never let me down either.

However my brand new/used busa has not let me down at all either. I've had it about 1.5 months now andI got it up to 155 last week, playin around, and then I was switftly passed by a guy with a busa with all kinds of bells and whistles. It was fun at any rate.

I have really been pleased though. I am sooooo happy that I didn't jump on a ZX-12 instead.
Yeah, I miss Train sometimes. The black devil makes it easy to live without 'er though. I'd no doubt be hatin' life had I gone with anything less than the 10 though. The power of a busa but only half the calories... Best of two worlds for me.
super.gif

Wow...more riding and less cleaning...see, that's all you needed BT!!!
tounge.gif

Glad you're enjoying your new motorcycle...sounds like you're having a blast...I dare say you may not go for a Busa after this...
wow.gif

Very odd that it wasn't limited to 186. all bike in the US are supposed to be limited by the manufacturer by law. Someones gonna get introuble if that gets out.

Very odd that it wasn't limited to 186. all bike in the US are supposed to be limited by the manufacturer by law. Someones gonna get introuble if that gets out.
What law? I've been under the impression that the restriction on top speed was self imposed by the Japanese bike companies as a sort of gentleman's agreement to prevent legislation. Is this incorrect?

The max top speed of the 10r is supposed to be in the 186mph range, so why would they bother putting a limiter on it? I just ordered a yellowbox for my R1 so I can get some better accuracy from my speedo. Funny how Train has went to a liter bike and I've been itching for the comfort of a Busa.
I may end up gettin' a speedohealer if it's too bad off when I GPS it... As for comfort on the busa, the 10 is honestly more comfortable for me, especially after all day rides like yesterday. I left the house at around noon and got home at around 8:00 PM ridin' most of that time except for eatin' dinner. Last night my legs were wore out and my forearms were pumped and crampin' from lever workin' and throttle twistin'. Otherwise I was fine. This morning my forearms were slightly sore but my legs and back were fine. That many hours on the busa and my neck/shoulders and lower back would have been sore for a couple days. I was much more fatigued after a few hours on the busa than I was last night.

I know that's prolly hard to believe. I would have had a hard time believin' it myself before I experienced it. It's the truth though...
wink.gif
I should start exercising. I do about 200 miles on my normal run, and at about 150 miles, my body starts to scream that I need to get off my bike. Usually its my back that starts to feel the strain. I think the '02/'03 R1s have a bit more aggressive riding stance than the new 10r and R1

Wow...more riding and less cleaning...see, that's all you needed BT!!!
tounge.gif

Glad you're enjoying your new motorcycle...sounds like you're having a blast...I dare say you may not go for a Busa after this...
wow.gif
Yeah, I was waitin' on that comment. More ridin', less cleanin'...
laugh.gif
To be honest I still haven't Zaino'd the 10. Been pretty much maintainin' it with Plexus and microfiber towels. It's beginnin' to tell on me though. I'm gonna have to spend a rainy day gettin' 'er all Z'd up and slicked down.
wink.gif

And I still want another busa. If I could afford one right now I'd have both. I still have the same love for 'em, I just love the 10, too, in a different way. It's like havin' different girls for different things, ya know? And like any true pimp I love ALL my girls!
wink.gif

wink.gif

Nope, no law... It was a manufacturer's agreement to limit speed to avoid govt. intervention and laws that would no doubt restrict much lower than the manufacturers' self imposed 186 limit.

What law? I've been under the impression that the restriction on top speed was self imposed by the Japanese bike companies as a sort of gentleman's agreement to prevent legislation. Is this incorrect?
You are correct. It was a self imposed limit...
wink.gif

Back