high rpm stutter

rohde3508

Registered
2006 busa has a high rpm stutter that happens from about 6000 rpms and up.The stutter can be avoided if you drive at around the 6000 rpm range for 5 to 10 seconds before full throttle accelaration but if you just try to take off or down shift into full throttle pulls it will stutter or get the "hiccups." Any suggestions on possible problems and how to test for them or the best place to get parts would be awesome. I'm not sure on all mods haven't had the bike long but was told by the guy i bought it from he was building it to drag race. i know it has pc3, tre, shorty pipe at the footrest and an airbox mod. i can also tell the cases have been split as well, thanks in advance for any help.

Try taking it up slower and see if it goes beyond 6K. If it does you could be looking at a fuel filter issue. Obviously it could be lots of things. Careful on the high RPM downshifts. The rear will lock and kick out :laugh: Don't ask me how I know

Is the idle set above 1200 RPMs ? Low idle has been reported to cause an early rev limit on Gen I's

its not the rev limiter, it will go all the way through the red line. even if you take it up fast or slow it will stutter and hiccup from around 6000 to 11000 unless you hold it at the 6000 point for several seconds then it will run as hard as you want it to.

Like I said, it could be many things. When was the last time you changed plugs ? Could be the beginning of clogged fuel filter. My hiccup turned into not going above 7K after an additional 4 - 5K miles.

Have you checked or messed with the kickstand switch ? Can't remember if that kills the engine or might cause a stutter :dunno:

for sh1ts and giggles bypass the kickstand safety and try it again
I had one doing something similar and that's what it was.

Back