high pitch whine/sound coming from fuel tank

Jeremy Godo

Registered
hello all,
I have a 05 busa and my tank gas cap wont vent. i pushed air thru the gas tank vent and it wasnt blocked. somehow the cap is messed up. I was told it is a common problem on these busas.
Is there a way I can clean the cap?
any help or thoughts would be great! thanks,
Jeremy

Ive tried everything. Even a couple different gas caps. Flushing the tank, running a coathanger through the vent tubes, etc. Blowing air through the vents at high pressure seemed to help temporarily or it was just my wishful thinking. Mine was involved in a bad spill before i bought it unbeknownst to me and when I stripped the tank, I found the knee crushing bondo spot. I suspect that to affect the way the gas cap lines up. Sometimes I just crack the tank cap open for a little bit after a long ride and let it settle down pressures. If you look at how the gas cap operates to vent, there is a line that comes up and makes contact with the inside of the cap which should have an opening for it, a small gap where it appears a bolt hole should go, that is the place where the pressure should escape. If there isnt enough gap, it makes a sound like when you lightly blow in a beer bottle. Run a coathanger down that line or something. See if that helps. I havent been able to fix it. Actually this is 3 gas caps. Still does it.

So it never hurt your gas tank thought? I just fogured all that pressure would force out the stucture of the tank. This is crazy! Lol

So it never hurt your gas tank thought? I just fogured all that pressure would force out the stucture of the tank. This is crazy! Lol

I see you're up.:laugh:Jeff just called and shot out his front tire last night after going to Hollywood and won't be making it over this morning so it's me and you bro,come on over whenever you're ready.

Back