High mileage?

podpeeze

Registered
Hi all, first post.
I'm looking to trade my 02 Futura for a Busa. I have found one that I like - a 2001 blue/silver. Only thing is, it's got 22000 miles on the clock. I'm sure this should be easy meat for a bike this size but I'd like to know if there is any known problems that have appeared at this sort of mileage?
Also I do some long distance 2up touring. Is there a luggage system availiable or is it soft bags for me?!
Thanks
Jon

As you know, each bike and owner is different...Check this bike over with a fine tooth comb, look at the home it has had, is the garage clean, does the owner have service/repair records? These things are what would shape my opinions of a particular bike, at least before laying out a couple hundred for a mechanic to pour over it. I do not think the Busa has any serious problems over the long haul really, But a few of the hi-milage owners should be along...

Also I would check carefuly the values of the Busa and the Futura. The Futura should have a much better residual value than the 01 Busa... Don't get cleaned...
As for luggage, I know Corbin makes some bags they call Beetle, they are hard bags but IMHO they look like ass. Otherwise I think soft would be the way to go.

Welcome to the board
I don't know about the Busa but when I traded my CBR 600 in with 30000 miles on it, it was still running great.
Jim

the bags Rev-man is talkin' bout...look like this

busa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK well, The Corbin bags aren't all that bad really...Kinda neat looking...

Also I would check carefuly the values of the Busa and the Futura. The Futura should have a much better residual value than the 01 Busa... Don't get cleaned...
[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, in the UK the Futura is way way cheaper than the Busa! I got mine new as an import (from Germany) for £2000 less than the equivalent Busa. I will stand to lose loads if I do the deal cos the Futura is not very popular here.
Thanks for the info guys

Welcome to the board! You'll get lots of answers here.

Back