HIDs

flippnswitchez

Registered
So the HIDs I have on my bike apparently killed my gauges on my 00'. So I am curious if anyone else had this problem? And also what HIDs everyone else is using that have never had problems.

DDM high and low beam with no problems for over a year now. Not even clock reset that some report.

The worse years to deal with are 99 and 2000, there is something thats causes major gauge problems!

I ran a HID low beam from DDM on my 00, had no issues.
FWIW check the main chassis ground. It can be a problem on the 99/00's.

IFWIW? And where is the main ground? I went as far as buying a new rectifier but I haven't installed it, i plugged it in but seemed to make no difference so i was going to send it back

You can send the cluster to Bluegauges, for repair, and the first question he will ask, do you have hid's.
Then he will tell you to remove the hid's!

GIXER are you messing with me lol. Thats where my gauges are right now. I mean I am highly medicated right now (seriously) but i swear i atold you that last night lol. Thanks b-dub!!

My Gen II is stock and will remain that way. There's a thread floating around about pulling the power for the ballast straight off the battery I think that should help.

Back