HID

mayor750

Registered
just need to know more about HIDs. hearing alot of guys havin probs with them. what should i know about them? will they damage the stock lens? anything need to be done pre install? can only get so much info from company. any suggestions would be appreciated.

What company
rock.gif

You have a 55 and 60 watt bulb being replaced by 35 watt bulbs. Heat is not and has not been an issue.

There is an extensive thread on mounting HIDs by HeavyBusa that guides you through the process. If you get the same kit it's basically plug and play.

All I've experienced is better night vision.

only problem i can think of off the top of my head is that those with the bikes that the headlight shuts off while the starter button is pressed; the HID sometimes doesnt come back on. That is fixed by installing a manual switch to turn on the light... if you like to use your high beam to "flash" people then dont get a HID for the high beam... takes to long to "warm up" to be effective to "flash" anything or anyone...

I have heard some with weak batteries seeing problems when the high beam is on, but this is the single most important mod for night riding.
beerchug.gif

(dadofthree @ Apr. 26 2007,20:13) What company
rock.gif

You have a 55 and 60 watt bulb being replaced by 35 watt bulbs. Heat is not and has not been an issue.

There is an extensive thread on mounting HIDs by HeavyBusa that guides you through the process. If you get the same kit it's basically plug and play.

Dad of 3 is an expert!!
wink.gif

(dadofthree @ Apr. 26 2007,20:13) What company
rock.gif

+1 brother! The difference is literally... night and day!
cool.gif

Definitely a worthwhile upgrade/mod. If you have an '04 or earlier, there is the possibility of them shutting off during starting the bike - they may stay off. I installed an 8-second delay timer on mine to prevent that.

I have a McCullough unit - it has a separate ballast and igniter. I've had NO problems with it.

I have dual HIDs (6000k low/5000k high). I have had them installed since Oct/Nov time frame. I have had ZERO problems with them.

+100 on the must do mod if you ride very much at night.

Don

I've had the busazilla HID kit I bot during the last group buy for several months. Had the local honda dealership mechanic install on my 06 Busa.

Absolutely no problems whatsoever, and love the improved night vision and improved visibility. Huge safety improvement and the first mod everyone should consider as far as I'm concerned.

Believe HID kits are available from XenonKing on this org too. Check the search function, I'm sure you'll see the thread.

Ok, don't have hid but have experienced them at night. Was following guys out for night ride. I could not see shi$ with my stock lights. I went to turn around and Buzaalmighty turned around with me, we headed back to the motel and I was having trouble seeing until he got close behind me and night became day. I could see better with his headlights behind me shining the way for me than my own. I just changed to a higher wattage bulb for the brights on my Busa and switched the bulbs out in my 300c. Much better, but still not a HID

(USN05LE @ May 07 2007,10:53) +100 on the must do mod if you ride very much at night.

Don
+1 again .....best money I've spent . No more deer sneaking up on me . I can see them , way down the road now.
wink.gif

Back