HID Xenon Conversion Kits

Nofear

Registered
I think that the HID are sweet. I am looking for a good H7 KIT no more than $250 is Xetronic good?

Does anyone have any Pros and Cons for going HID?

Yes I ride at night, The Highways and rodes to my house do not have lights thats why I want to get some not just for the Cool factor Also the KIT that I am looking at is a single not a doule High and Low beem

http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=58

thanks

I can say enough good things about my XenonKing HID. 2 years old now.

Check out the group buy

Dude From one Texan to another Go with the Xenon King kit or Busazilla kit Bro those are both great kits I have a busazilla in mine and I have the Low and hi Beam done.

you can get a car hid kit with two of everything, you can split it with a buddy, on ebay for 60 bucks shipped and its the real deal just look around...

Go with Xenonking.

I would avoid the Ebay ones...$50 for HID....you have heard it before, if it sounds to good to be true.....it is.

(Nofear @ Sep. 05 2007,13:26) I think that the HID are sweet. I am looking for a good H7 KIT no more than $250 is Xetronic good?

Does anyone have any Pros and Cons for going HID?

Yes I ride at night, The Highways and rodes to my house do not have lights thats why I want to get some not just for the Cool factor Also the KIT that I am looking at is a single not a doule High and Low beem

http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=58

thanks
Those xtralights kits are WAY overpriced. They are indicating a regular price of $499... no way!

When selecting a kit make sure it is made in Japan. Most of the kits on ebay are made in China. One other thing is to check and see if the kit is "plug and play" for ease of install. If you ask someone on ebay to "build" you a motorcycle kit you'll more than likely be charged more money.

If you are riding at night you'll be doing yourself an injustice by not purchasing a high/low kit. With a single beam HID there WILL be a time you'll need your high beam, and when you switch it on your low beam will overpower your standard halogen high beam.

HID's are by far one of the best investments you'll make.

this is what I am hearing

1) it's illegal it's FEDERAL law, they are sold for "off-road" usage only. OEM HID's are legal, aftermarkets on street cars/bikes are illegal.
2) you'll look like a big light blob.
4) only www.xenondepot.com has hella ballast (german made)
5) get 4300k or 5000k , everything else looks ghey and your loosing light output.\
6) the pattern that the light makes on the road leaves a dark spot in the middle...not good.
7) and your lights were not designed for the light patterns put out by HID so thats why the light blob. the way to do it right is to get a retrofit kit and mount HID refelectors in your headlight housing. the pattern does not light the road uniformly.
8) if you have reflector housing don't even try HID's. You will produce way too much glare and blind people. You will also attract cops really fast.

Is any of this True? Will there really be a dark spot in the middle @ night ect... see the above list

To answer you first question Bro any aftermarket item you put on your bike is sold for offroad use only. Will cops here in Texas give you a ticket NO. To anwser you other questions I would go with a 6000K kit and no you will not have a big black spot atleast I don't have one the whole road is lite up. I run a 6000k low beam and a 8000k Hi beam just for the Little color separation in color. Also I have the stock housing that came with the bike and like I said no dark spot in the middle for me it is all lite up.

I'm fairly new on here, so I can't comment on the other kits mentioned, but since you mentioned Xetronic, I have ran them on my last three motorcycles (conventional on my '02 GSX-R750, and digital on my '08 GSX-R1000 and current Busa). The ignitor/ballast combo (if you go digital) unit is pretty stinkin' small, and I'm impressed with Xetronic's ability to make two bulbs of the same temp range match (yes, I've seen kits that actually varied, looks tacky...I'm anal about detail :laugh: ). Ran 8000K previously (they don't light the road very well as many have mentioned here), and am running 4300K on the Busa. I've seen a few kits on bikes here in town, and once you hit 6000K the colors start to vary depending on the kit, although I guess they shouldn't IF they are all really at 6000K. I've also done some comparison of various kits, and lumen output varies by brand, even at the same temp range. I've abused my Xetronic kits over the years and they have never failed me nor have I ever had a misfire. I would recommend installing a relay regardless of what kit you order, whether it's a cheap kit, Xetronic, or one from XenonKing, you want to protect the investment.

Also, a BIG perk is that reflective markings on cop cars show up bright as day with xenon light from a good ways off, so let 'em try to hide on the interstates. :beerchug:

--EDIT-- To address your concern about blinding people, I aim the housing down a smidge, then let them deal with it...although I have been debating on creating a vynl "visor" of some kind as I don't want to hack my housing up to install a projector in the low beam area. We have a vynl plotter at work, so I'm trying to think of a way to make it compliment the bike and not look like some half-ass sticker job to cover part of the headlight.

Last edited:
Stick with a 6k which is pretty white (see picture the yellowish one is the halogen )if you go 5k it's more along the yellow side (unless that's what your looking for) a decent slim kit should run between $100-$120.00 and make sure the ballast your getting is the slim kit they are much easier to stuff in the bike. make sure you take t plastic protective cover off before install and the little thing attached is a spacer you'll need to trim the corners to round it off but it helps keep the right tension on the H7 spring clip. Here are a couple pics of the slim and standard ballast

HPIM0510.jpg

HPIM0514.jpg

HPIM0480.jpg

HPIM0516.jpg

HPIM0456.jpg

Back