Hid report

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
About a month ago Shibumi and I installed the 6000k low beam HID in both bikes. The increase in the amount of light was nothing short of amazing. Well thanks to dudewizr, I was able to acquire a 5000k high beam HID. No pics tonight, but I will get some tomorrow night. I will tell you this tho. From my front yard to my mail box is 366 yards, yes yards. I was at the mailbox and my wife was sitting on the walk way. The bike lit her up like daylight. No shid. Pics tomorrow. If you haven't done this mod, you should. Some ppl will disagree with the high beam but my pics tomorrow will be the proof.

Don

USN, didn't somebody (SnT?) recommend nothing over 5000k for HID bulbs?

This is a mod that I have wanted to do, but there are so many thing I want now.... I thought I was nearing the end of my modding days....
Well, I guess that was just dumb.... sometimes I hate logging in, because I just know I am going to see the next thing that I "just have to have!"
laugh.gif

what all parts do u need to do this?? my headlight is smoked (lightly painted) and i would like to do somethin like this to compensate for the loss of light.

USN, didn't somebody (SnT?) recommend nothing over 5000k for HID bulbs?
I don't know about nothing over 5000k, but I couldn't be happier with the 6000k/5000k combo. The only small thing that sux is that now my passing button is useless. It takes these bulbs about 8 seconds to warm up. The low beam is no problem as it is on all the time, but the pass button is worthless now. Guess I will have to install N2O or an air horn or something so the button is not useless. I know, garage door opener mod.

Don

Back