Hid projector and dual angel eyes

Quiksilver

Registered
So I'm wanting to convert my low beam to hid projector with dual halos. I've seem the head light from pashnit and a few on eBay. Pashnit one is nice by only one halo, but money is tight and can't afford either one at the time. Any one do this mod?

You can do it and if you look you'll probably find a pretty good thread on, how to, but you will be hard pressed to beat the ones that Tim has.

I got the kit from retrofit resource to convert the low beam to a complete HiD system with the projector.

I got the kit from retrofit resource to convert the low beam to a complete HiD system with the projector.

That's the site I was set on ordering from.I seen the bi-xenon mini, 2.5", and 3" in the h4 and h7 harness. Which kit did you get?

Was there a lot of cutting involved? Seems to be common to have a to dremel out the housing some. Did you retain the headlight adjustment?

That's the site I was set on ordering from.I seen the bi-xenon mini, 2.5", and 3" in the h4 and h7 harness. Which kit did you get?

Was there a lot of cutting involved? Seems to be common to have a to dremel out the housing some. Did you retain the headlight adjustment?

I didn't order mine off the website. I had a chance to go to their store and get my kit. Those are some cool guys. I didn't get a pre designed kit per say. I told them what I had and they put together a custom kit for my bike. It is the motorcycle kit but with a different projector and different bulb based on the pics of my housing.

Give them an email or call and tell them what type of bike you have and they will hook you up. I haven't installed my kit yet but I told them I wanted something that didn't require any cutting so he picked out some stuff that will work.

I didn't order mine off the website. I had a chance to go to their store and get my kit. Those are some cool guys. I didn't get a pre designed kit per say. I told them what I had and they put together a custom kit for my bike. It is the motorcycle kit but with a different projector and different bulb based on the pics of my housing.

Give them an email or call and tell them what type of bike you have and they will hook you up. I haven't installed my kit yet but I told them I wanted something that didn't require any cutting so he picked out some stuff that will work.

Alright sounds good. Definitely could use a light upgrade. Gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about tossing in the oven. I'll give them a shout and see what they say. Appreciate the info.

No problem man. I also have some precautions of cooking my lens in the oven.

I will be tackling it here soon as I think I'm done riding for the season.

Please post some pics in case you beat me to it. I could always use a walkthrough, still a noob with the electronics lol.

If the lens housing on the busa is anything like the lens housing on a 370Z, and I imagine they are, baking them is not much trouble. Just 250ºF for 10-15 min (been a few, pretty sure these were the numbers) and the glue loosens enough to pull them apart. People do it all the time on the Z's and as long as you are careful to make sure you reseal it correctly, there's no problem.

I've read a few that have used that temp. I will try 5min first and so on. Which type "glue" do you use when re sealing? I've heard some use a silicone based sealant. I ordered an hid kit but soon after realized I needed a projector so I don't blind everyone. After all I'm doing this for added safety. I will return the kit an try to get something more plug and play.

There's actual how to s in here if you look for them. Pretty detailed with pix from memory.

I looked around a lil and didn't notice too many results. I'll look deeper I'm sure there are some write ups on it. Just got a lil impatient. Thanks.

Ah thanks so much. I was searching for hid install.silly me. I seen you had hid did you install your angel eyes?

Back