Hid power solver

busa1018

Registered
i have a better idea than having to switch the wiring. i just did it for mine and it works great. i found a company that makes a timer delay. so that the lights turn on 2 second - 33 mintues after bike is started and shuts off when bike is shut off. it is for 12 volts. i took bike apart again to change nose. i will post picks of the whole lighting system qith delay power on timer. if anyone has questions i will answer as best i can. i am working on getting a group buy price for everyone. let me know if you are interested so i can make this deal.

<!--EDIT|busa1018
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139288855 -->

I can't believe this post never got any attention. This sounds like a great idea.

Do you have any info on the time delay-ON relay? That is what I would like to do (no concerns about forgetting to flip a switch during the day). I just installed an HID and need to switch it to keep it on.

Thanks,
FT

that is a cool fix.keep us informed. thanks
+1
idea.gif

Ok, I believe I found one that would do the job. Only problem is it runs somewhere between $40-$60. If anyone is interested, the part number is RLY261L (made by NTE Electronics). You can easily find it with a web search.

It is adjustable from 3 to 100 seconds (will turn on this many seconds after having power applied).

For now I will go without. The first time I started the bike with the new HID the light went off, but every time since it comes on. I may also install a switch so I can manually turn it off/on as needed.

well for some of us with 2004 and older the light turns on as you started the bike and with that you were out the the hid system. It recomends the lights being turned off when starting. the next problem is you have to switch the high beam with low beam to control you on and off of hid. ya you can us a switch but why do that when you can keep everything the same and just have it turn on 8 seconds after the bike is started without forgeting to turn it on. and i still us a switch to control when i want my light on or off.

sorry guys i have to remove nose to take pics just give me a couple of day. in the mean time i can email a 20 clip of how it works to anyone that wants it

Back