Hid kits gen2

Ive been searching and not sure whats a good brand to go with i diffently want the white only low beam and isnt there two small bulbs on the top in the corners and do you have to take the nose off to change the bulbs

Last edited:
Talk to blanca busa or find his thread. Ogre knows a lot about hids as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Talks about how to start the bike without them coming on in that thread. You can do a toggle or a timer as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

The more times to go on off is unnecessary wear. If you always do the start procedure as described in there then no.
Posted via Mobile Device

I bought mine from starrotors they where $85 shipped for both high and low. You don't have to take the nose off the bike but I would recommend it because it is much easier to install the components and route the wiring. Otherwise it is easiest to remove the cover pannel under the nose to get at the lights. The bulbs needed are H7 low beam (the upper assembly with the reflector) and H9 high beam (the lower assembly with the projector). 5000K is a white as it gets. :beerchug:

I bought mine from starrotors they where $85 shipped for both high and low. You don't have to take the nose off the bike but I would recommend it because it is much easier to install the components and route the wiring. Otherwise it is easiest to remove the cover pannel under the nose to get at the lights. The bulbs needed are H7 low beam (the upper assembly with the reflector) and H9 high beam (the lower assembly with the projector). 5000K is a white as it gets. :beerchug:

Sounds good the org members talked me out the blue i dont want glare

:thumbsup:

DDM TUNING!!!!! The best, greatest price! Great and easy install.

HID Order.jpg

Last edited:
They are all gonna throw light all over without doing the retrofit and the lower the kelvin the brighter they are (more lumens) so in that I'd say the 5k "glare" more but the 6k and up turn more blue and if a cop is looking to pull you over that's pretty obvious.
Posted via Mobile Device

They are all gonna throw light all over without doing the retrofit and the lower the kelvin the brighter they are (more lumens) so in that I'd say the 5k "glare" more but the 6k and up turn more blue and if a cop is looking to pull you over that's pretty obvious.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats a good point on the 6,000 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back